Very excited and happy with 2nd test results (Follow up test)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's coming around for sure. My tank is recovering, some corals that were on the way out rebounded and are making a comeback. My numbers are looking to be in good order now. I'm soon going to be on my 2nd batch of Elementz which should be here soon. Dialed in at about 50% more solution than the initial per gallon recommended starting dosage. I am happy.

Also for anyone that was following past threads about mixing the 3a and 3b parts together, that is what i did and have experienced zero issues thus far. about 6 weeks in I believe. The way I did the 3a and 3b was 16l of water plus each 1l part for a total of 18 liters. Then I dose the 3a/3b mixture at a rate of double (since its twice diluted) of the dose for parts 1 and 2.

So here is my initial numbers from I believe early Dec 2014

triton1_zpsd2e9855d.png

triton2_zps2c05e2d1.png

triton3_zpsab6e2aa6.png

triton4_zpsab377e60.png

And my numbers from about 2-1-2015

1triton2-1-15_zps7490634a.jpg

2triton2-1-15_zpse3f1b399.jpg

3triton2-1-15_zpsf2018bd4.jpg

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that will ask, the copper and zinc levels in the first test were from me being an idiot and not changing my ro/di filters. Don't be an idiot. It was also from me using tap water to keep my live black worms in, then feeding them to the tank. So if you keep black worms, use ro/di water for them too. Don't be an idiot. :)

DFW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that magnesium is still below their setpoint. Do you prefer to keep it lower for some reason? I have been keeping mine higher than their setpoint. Thanks!

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any water changes between the tests? Anything else dosed? Just curious.

Great to hear your getting good results. I'm almost 2 months in myself and seeing great growth. Just dealing with cyano that won't go away - but I attribute that to tank newness more then Triton.

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did one 30g water change only because I needed qt water and figured I'd not waste new salt on qt. I dosed some red sea ca through top off due to the ca initially being low. I also dosed some mg through the top off as well, since that is rarely above 1200. I guess my tank seems to use a ton of mg so even dosing a little extra I can't seem to get it up past 1300. I'll be adding more mg in the top off and laying off the ca a bit.

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that will ask, the copper and zinc levels in the first test were from me being an idiot and not changing my ro/di filters. Don't be an idiot. It was also from me using tap water to keep my live black worms in, then feeding them to the tank. So if you keep black worms, use ro/di water for them too. Don't be an idiot. :)

Nice results!
Have you tried the AL99 from Triton?

I just tried it and love it. But beware it is powerful stuff and will instantly suck all the phosphate out.

Hey got a picture of your tank?

Gene

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't try that, I was debating but I can't find enough info on it. I've been debating lanthanum chloride as well.

I'll get a picture up soon.

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is probably my best FTS but it's from Oct/14 pre crash (Not full crash, I lost acros, and a bunch of LPS). Theres actually 50 different acro in there in this pic. Mostly frags

IMG_4327_zps75e1a702.jpg

Then a more recent shot. Only 5 acro survived. Luckily all other sps faired well. this is 1/5/15 the first day I began dosing triton elementz...

IMG_4730_zpsbb74087d.jpg

Last edited:

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is probably my best FTS but it's from Oct/14 pre crash (Not full crash, I lost acros, and a bunch of LPS). Theres actually 50 different acro in there in this pic. Mostly frags

IMG_4327_zps75e1a702.jpg

Then a more recent shot. Only 5 acro survived. Luckily all other sps faired well. this is 1/5/15 the first day I began dosing triton elementz...

IMG_4730_zpsbb74087d.jpg

Nice Tank! how many gallons in your system?

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guestimate about 260. I have a 20g frag tank and 55g sump plumbed in. All that is on the other side of my wall which is my garage.

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The europeans mix 3A & 3B together to make 10L and dose the 3 elementz equal.

Yeah but it was my understanding that they were having issues with that mixture crystallizing in the tube of the dosing pump. Thats why I doubled up on the solution, and dosage of the solution. More watered down = less chance of crystallizing at least I am hoping. So far so good.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 34 30.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 29 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back