Very first tank 29gal

oKrazyii

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2025
Messages
144
Reaction score
43
Location
Troy
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started on 2-11-25. Topfin 29gal tank starter kit with heater and filter included. “Microbe lift special blend” and “Topfin readistart nitrifying bacteria starter” added along with some starter live rocks (more to come soon)
2-13-25 Added a topfin “small power head aquarium pump” changed placement from picture after realizing how to use it

IMG_5306.jpeg IMG_5307.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Welcome to R2R. :)

Go slow. Before buying anything do research. We are a great resource for equipment, fish, inverts and corals.
 
What are your plans for the tank?
In the end I really want a reef tank, I know it’s probably a very long way down the road though lol I read a few times that the tank has to be established for a minimum of 6 months so until then I’m just going to get possibly 2 clownfish and some hermit crabs/snails and go from there, I’d like to get some shrimp but I’ve only seen insanely big ones at the stores near me so I’m not sure if they come in the size I’m looking for for saltwater
 
Started on 2-11-25. Topfin 29gal tank starter kit with heater and filter included. “Microbe lift special blend” and “Topfin readistart nitrifying bacteria starter” added along with some starter live rocks (more to come soon)
2-13-25 Added a topfin “small power head aquarium pump” changed placement from picture after realizing how to use it

IMG_5306.jpeg IMG_5307.jpeg
2-15-25 got some more rocks and a circulation pump, still debating on placement but looking good so far
image.jpg
 
Well I have neglected this thread for a while unfortunately, since my last post I have added a lot more rock, another circulation pump and a hob coralife protein skimmer, I have also added 2 cleaner shrimp, 2 peppermint shrimp, a serpent starfish, a watchman goby, 2 pistol shrimp, and an engineer goby along with other inverts and things of the sort. Yesterday I was also given 2 of my first corals, one I believe is a acan coral? And the other is gsp but hasn’t opened up yet. Here is a video showcasing my new rock formation I just updated, I’m still not sure how I feel about it just yet

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new