Very Strong CUC for a 40 Gallon?

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas for a strong CUC for a 40 gallon aquarium? I know that I need to make my own decisions but any suggestions? Emerald crabs, cerith snails, serpent starfish and anything like that is unavailable in Australia so Indo Pacific only :/ Wish I lived in the USA. I already have a nassarius snail and a pincushion urchin and I am soon to get a multifora Lincktia or red Lincktia or a spotted licktia. Thanks for the help

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my opinions on CUC ...
Skip hermits, IME even safe ones kill snails .... Turbos need lots of grazing opportunities, I’d only get 1-2 for a 40, and even then only clean the front glass
How far are you from the ocean? I’ve collected Nerites Myself, they are sorta common during low tide on most Caribbean islands, might Also be true down under

shadesatsetbreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added Calcinus laevimanus and Calcinus latens to my tanks and while they are a little large, they seem peaceful enough, and doing good work.
Other members of my Indo Pacific cuc include Trochus Histrio, Nassarius Distortus, Ciliopagarus, and some cowries. Fighting conch could go in there, as well. Those trochus Histrio are the best, though. Definitely grab some of them

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added Calcinus laevimanus and Calcinus latens to my tanks and while they are a little large, they seem peaceful enough, and doing good work.
Other members of my Indo Pacific cuc include Trochus Histrio, Nassarius Distortus, Ciliopagarus, and some cowries. Fighting conch could go in there, as well. Those trochus Histrio are the best, though. Definitely grab some of them
I'll definitely pick some up

Back