Very Strong CUC for a 40 Gallon?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ...
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

...

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2020
Messages
1,070
Reaction score
673
Location
Earth
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas for a strong CUC for a 40 gallon aquarium? I know that I need to make my own decisions but any suggestions? Emerald crabs, cerith snails, serpent starfish and anything like that is unavailable in Australia so Indo Pacific only :/ Wish I lived in the USA. I already have a nassarius snail and a pincushion urchin and I am soon to get a multifora Lincktia or red Lincktia or a spotted licktia. Thanks for the help
 
Here is my opinions on CUC ...
Skip hermits, IME even safe ones kill snails .... Turbos need lots of grazing opportunities, I’d only get 1-2 for a 40, and even then only clean the front glass
How far are you from the ocean? I’ve collected Nerites Myself, they are sorta common during low tide on most Caribbean islands, might Also be true down under
 
I just added Calcinus laevimanus and Calcinus latens to my tanks and while they are a little large, they seem peaceful enough, and doing good work.
Other members of my Indo Pacific cuc include Trochus Histrio, Nassarius Distortus, Ciliopagarus, and some cowries. Fighting conch could go in there, as well. Those trochus Histrio are the best, though. Definitely grab some of them
 
I just added Calcinus laevimanus and Calcinus latens to my tanks and while they are a little large, they seem peaceful enough, and doing good work.
Other members of my Indo Pacific cuc include Trochus Histrio, Nassarius Distortus, Ciliopagarus, and some cowries. Fighting conch could go in there, as well. Those trochus Histrio are the best, though. Definitely grab some of them
I'll definitely pick some up
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new