Very worrying clownfish behaviour

Lineatus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown fish has, over the last three days, developed some very weird behaviours and looks rather sickly. She’s seemingly lost the ability to swim properly and has either been swimming vertically or simply lying on the bottom of the tank. She will occasionally find her strength and shoot to the top of the tank, before falling back to the floor. Her eyes have become more cloudy and slightly swollen whilst her gills appear slightly damaged.

I haven’t added new livestock to this tank for over 4 months and have never had any encounters with disease prior to this. The only other inhabitant is a very peaceful bangaii cardinal.

Parameters are all in order, ammonia is 0, nitrates 10. I did unfortunately feed her mysis that had been refrozen and gone off for a period of three days before noticing it wasn’t fit for feeding. That was maybe a week ago.

Im thinking of putting her in an acclimation box because she’s been unable to eat for the past few days, I believe it would be easier to target feed this way.

I would greatly appreciate any advice on what to do, I’ve had this fish for over a decade and would love to have her around for another.
(ignore the white particles in the video, that’s just nuisance algae)

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back