Video consulting

eti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, do you know anyone who can do some video-consulting? I would love to have an input from a professional/seasoned reefer who can give me advices by seeing my reef tank on Facetime...
Could actually be a business idea..

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s start a 1.0 version here until someone does a video feed analysis

post one full tank shot picture and we can riff off details from it

OP
OP
E

eti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking more of a "one-on-one consulting video call". Let me explain.

- We would have a list of volunteers/Experts/Professionals on an existing social media platform/Website/App
- We could see what day/time they are available for a video consulting
- The consultant could send a list of questions before the call to have an idea of the tank set up.
- They call in through Zoom/Facetime etc... on the agreed day and time either to see how they can help to fix a problem/improve the tank, depending on the client's needs.

That would basically be an audit for your tank but through a video call.
I mean, who would not love to have a personal "tank audit" from an expert at BRS to check our tank live and see how we can improve things?
Maybe @Bulk Reef Supply could set up a service like that. I think there is money in this

OP
OP
E

eti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I think that:
1- It could be super helpful for reefers who do not know any other reefer living in their area
2- It would avoid going through thousands of conflicting answers when a question is asked on a forum

The idea came to mind when I was watching the latest @Bulk Reef Supply video "Tips to set up a saltwater tank" when they say: find a mentor.
I don't know anyone in NYC who has a tank. Could I ask my LFS? Sure, but they are usually super busy, dont know my tank and need to attend customers. I would rather have someone on a call who takes time and really see what's up. I am sure I could find a mentor this way that could help me avoid making stupid mistakes/wasting my money.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All evaluators need to submit a link portfolio of fixed tanks and the catch is cannot use their own tank as any example, at any time

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I think that:
1- It could be super helpful for reefers who do not know any other reefer living in their area
2- It would avoid going through thousands of conflicting answers when a question is asked on a forum

The idea came to mind when I was watching the latest @Bulk Reef Supply video "Tips to set up a saltwater tank" when they say: find a mentor.
I don't know anyone in NYC who has a tank. Could I ask my LFS? Sure, but they are usually super busy, dont know my tank and need to attend customers. I would rather have someone on a call who takes time and really see what's up. I am sure I could find a mentor this way that could help me avoid making stupid mistakes/wasting my money.
It is a great idea, but certainly easier said than done. I know some fish tank maintenance companies offer consulting calls, I see no reason why this couldn't be a video call.

On that note, the idea has been talked about in the past and I will throw it onto the list for discussion internally here at BRS. Keep in mind our CS team is also available via phone to talk tank anytime, they exist for more than just order support and will happily support you via phone. While I know it's not a video call, we still are happy to provide that
1on 1 experience without any pressure of buying anything from us.

We are all about helping you have a successful reef tank here at BRS, after all, without you guys we couldn't do what we do here!

Back