Vinegar dosing droping ph low

Better to draw from outside, but scrubber is better than nothing. I started that way but media depleted too quickly.
I draw from outside and through media. Media still lasts one week with maybe a .1 increase. Not a huge gain, but keeps me out of the 7’s. On this thread still searching for answers.
 
I draw from outside and through media. Media still lasts one week with maybe a .1 increase. Not a huge gain, but keeps me out of the 7’s. On this thread still searching for answers.
Just another data point, I upgraded the light (more par) on a satellite tank and the ph is 0.05 to 0.1 higher during the day. I attribute this to the additional photosynthesis from more light, converting co2 to o2.
 
When I was manually dosing vinegar once a day, i saturated it with calcium hydroxide to prevent any pH dip when first added.
How much kam water you had for this? Does it raise your calcium also (what I do not want as I dose all for reef and the calcium level is were I want)?
 
I added excess calcium hydroxide. The amount of alk and calcium delivered this way depends on how much vinegar you are dosing.

Do you know how much you want to add?
 
I added excess calcium hydroxide. The amount of alk and calcium delivered this way depends on how much vinegar you are dosing.

Do you know how much you want to add?
I actually dose 195ML vinegar per day on 1300L . Since adding the vinegar Ph dropped around 0,1-0,15 if I could get the PH back to normal level it would be great.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new