Vinegar dosing. One dose or several small?

Enigma84

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2019
Messages
24
Reaction score
12
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have homed in my vinegar dosing to 60ml a day. This deals with 6 cubes a day plus some mysis rs flake and spectrum pellets. I tend to feed in the evening and wondering whether this is causing very high nutrients and low the rest of the time. I was spreading it out to 24 times a day through a doser. I have been wondering such fluctuation is causing less than expected acropora growth.

1. Am I better off dosing all towards the feeding time, or just before or after than spread out for 24 hours?

2. Does anybody have any experience with feeding like this with test results to show swings? And has this had a knock on effe t with slightly repressed growth?

thanks in advance.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new