Vinegar Dosing vs. Red Sea Energy

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to start dosing something for my corals... they're surviving just fine in my tank, but coloration is a bit dull and growth is slow. I've read up on vinegar dosing and it sounds promising, but I also have an unopened bottle of Red Sea Energy (giveaway from my LFS). Among people who have used both, which has given you the better results?

Nitrates are not an issue in my tank - if anything, they're a bit low (9.3ppm on my last test), so I'm not planning on dosing vinegar at nitrate-reduction levels. I've used Energy in the past, but I haven't been that impressed with it - dosing according to the bottle, I didn't notice any positive impact on my corals. The only thing I did notice was a cyano bloom a few days after I started dosing it.

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do not want to dose Vinegar, that is a very strong form of carbon dosing that more than likely will starve your corals and crash your tank as your tank does not need any form of carbon dosing at this point.

Red Sea energy will help colors in some cases, I find dosing aminos is beneficial to my tank but never had a good outcome with Red Sea products.

I like:
Tropic Marine
Aqua forest
Korallen-Zucht

For coral products with best results

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back