Vipar spectra light settings

bingus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I’ve recent gotten 2 vipar spectra 300w lights! I mounted them 16 inches above the water and my tank is about 21 inches tall with about 1.5-2 inches of sand. I’ve for corals I have all softies ( acans, zoas, green star polyps, hammer and two anenomes) I was wondering what other people with about the same setup set their lights at before I spend the money on renting a par meter. Also any recommendations on par? Was thinking to try to get most of the tank to 75-150 par. Thank you all!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BRS has some good youtube videos on par recommendations. The viparspectras are powerful lights so you may want to consider starting the settings very low (30 and 1to3) and then adjust based on what your corals are telling you. That said, it is hard to replace the feedback from a PAR meter. Good luck with whatever you decide!

OP
OP
bingus

bingus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS has some good youtube videos on par recommendations. The viparspectras are powerful lights so you may want to consider starting the settings very low (30 and 1to3) and then adjust based on what your corals are telling you. That said, it is hard to replace the feedback from a PAR meter. Good luck with whatever you decide!
Thank you!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back