Virtual meeting Tuesday 4/12 8pm

chevy4w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure miss the meetings at the Lutz Museum on Sunday evenings. Nicole and all the former BOD did such a fantastic job with putting together those meetings. I enjoyed them immensely.
All of these Zoom meetings, now that we are post Covid, shouldn't be the norm and we should be getting together somewhere to enjoy a meeting and enjoy each others comradery.
But, we still have a BOD in place and we haven't heard a word from them in a very long time. Things are messed up. I'm not trying to be a Deddie Downer but I know what I want and it's a physical gathering of like-minded people in one place to have some kind of presentation of a salt water fish/coral topic. Is this ever going to happen?
I know Blakes Aqua Den is willing to let us use their place and I know Brandon would be willing to be a presenter.
Just my two cents for what it's worth.

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure miss the meetings at the Lutz Museum on Sunday evenings. Nicole and all the former BOD did such a fantastic job with putting together those meetings. I enjoyed them immensely.
All of these Zoom meetings, now that we are post Covid, shouldn't be the norm and we should be getting together somewhere to enjoy a meeting and enjoy each others comradery.
But, we still have a BOD in place and we haven't heard a word from them in a very long time. Things are messed up. I'm not trying to be a Deddie Downer but I know what I want and it's a physical gathering of like-minded people in one place to have some kind of presentation of a salt water fish/coral topic. Is this ever going to happen?
I know Blakes Aqua Den is willing to let us use their place and I know Brandon would be willing to be a presenter.
Just my two cents for what it's worth.
I was at Blakes last week and Ed the owner said that soon they are moving to a new space in Wallingford that is 3 or 4 times bigger then the space they are in now. My 2 Cents would also be to hook up with Blake’s and maybe one other LFS (if we could find one willing) to host the club meetings. Im sure having 10 or 20 reefers who probably need supplies or a new fish/coral (don’t we always!) would be pretty good incentive for a store to host the club. Maybe we could even offer to help Blake’s with the move when it happens as a way of saying thanks.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at Blakes last week and Ed the owner said that soon they are moving to a new space in Wallingford that is 3 or 4 times bigger then the space they are in now. My 2 Cents would also be to hook up with Blake’s and maybe one other LFS (if we could find one willing) to host the club meetings. Im sure having 10 or 20 reefers who probably need supplies or a new fish/coral (don’t we always!) would be pretty good incentive for a store to host the club. Maybe we could even offer to help Blake’s with the move when it happens as a way of saying thanks.
I did not know they were moving. Did they have a time frame?

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes tonight here's the link

Back