0   0   0
IMG_0499.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There may be a commercial harvest size limit as I am unsure of those regulations but no size limit for recreation. Both fish I collected following FWC guidelines. I am a huge advocate for this eco system down here and made sure I did everything correctly and in some cases better then what they allow you to do .

What to do? Move them into a separate tank? They are eating really well and the little angel even gets up and competes with the bigger fish for food (he’s got a big attitude)

I would run them through a full quarantine, including copper, but I would run the coppersafe at 2.0 to 2.25 ppm.

Angels do have a slot limit, even for recreation collections. The reason they instituted that was to leave the breeder angels on the reef, and since the tiny ones had such high mortality, leave them also. Here is a link:
https://myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/recreational/marine-life/

Jay

OP
OP
swervinscoot

swervinscoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would run them through a full quarantine, including copper, but I would run the coppersafe at 2.0 to 2.25 ppm.

Angels do have a slot limit, even for recreation collections. The reason they instituted that was to leave the breeder angels on the reef, and since the tiny ones had such high mortality, leave them also. Here is a link:

Jay
Ok I will do that. Jay thank you for all the info.

OP
OP
swervinscoot

swervinscoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
@Jay Hemdal so had to go see and try an measure. They both are larger then a I thought at around 1.25 - 1.5”. They just look so much smaller compared to the other 3-5” fish in the system.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back