Vit C

Deniss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone here dosing vitamin c for zoa's?

I want to try vit c out, but i heared you could make your ph swing and get redox reactions?

OP
OP
D

Deniss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have wanted to do this for a while.. I really haven't heard of any negative effects.. I ran across this vitamin c dosing calculator.. you could try this and read about it here
http://www.humboldtreefclub.com/articles/Vitamin-C-Dosing

That was verry informational, thank you! They talk about sodium ascorbate, what i have read before with ph swings etc was with ascorbic acid. This seems to be pure, and unbuffered with a ph of 1-2.
The sodium ascorbate is buffered to a more neutral PH. The calculator is verry handy!

treedog5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have dosed Vitiman C in the past because I was having some issues with my zoas. Made a world of difference for my tank, don't think it impacted ph to much. But it sure helped my zoas recover.. Here is a link to the thread that i had started about my zoas.

OP
OP
D

Deniss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have dosed Vitiman C in the past because I was having some issues with my zoas. Made a world of difference for my tank, don't think it impacted ph to much. But it sure helped my zoas recover.. Here is a link to the thread that i had started about my zoas.

I have checked your thread, that was for sure a huge difference with the vit c! Are you still dosing vit c right now?

treedog5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I had to stop because those gold zoas where taking over my tank after I started dosing.. It was funny because they went from almost dead to almost over running my tank.. You should definitely give it a shot if you want growth in your zoas.

OP
OP
D

Deniss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks mate, i have ordered sodium ascorbate. Should be here within a week.
Did you dose 2 times a day?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back