Volitan Lionfish - Thos with experience

I suggest using a container of sorts to capture the lion, it is very difficult with a large lion. Submerge container, I've used small buckets, salt buckets, something large enough for his size. Lowering the water level may help. I advise against using a net as it's a high chance their spikes get caught, I've seen many injuries caused, some that turned to bacterial infections and died. I have even had to cut nets off of lions tangled in nets. I have also successfully used nets, it's just something that's best not used.

Prepare the new as you would for any transfer, match temp and salinity.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new