Vortech controller and QD pumps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever upgraded the firmware on the devices? Do you know what firmware is on the MP10?
Ditto, in this case I don't think it's the MP10's firmware.. Look at the screen shot he posted for the GHL Vortech Controller. I had a similar issue. It had to do with the GHL Vortech Firmware. I'm not in front of my PC so I can't supply a screen shot of the Vortech tab in GCC. If you can, look at yours.

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever upgraded the firmware on the devices? Do you know what firmware is on the MP10?
No still the same as when bought. Don't what firmware it is either and not sure how to find out. I did place a ticket with Ecotech marine in the context of the Vortech Controller and they didn't want to know and told me to contact GHL which I have done. The Controller was sent to Germany for them to look at and I just been told that it is on its way back all OK.
This what they said "your VortechController was checked by our technician. This was a firmware problem which was fixed.

I don't know any further details at this stage hopefully that will resolve it but will have to wait and see.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No still the same as when bought. Don't what firmware it is either and not sure how to find out. I did place a ticket with Ecotech marine in the context of the Vortech Controller and they didn't want to know and told me to contact GHL which I have done. The Controller was sent to Germany for them to look at and I just been told that it is on its way back all OK.
This what they said "your VortechController was checked by our technician. This was a firmware problem which was fixed.

I don't know any further details at this stage hopefully that will resolve it but will have to wait and see.
Mine was the same issue. It was replaced, been working perfectly ever since.

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was the same issue. It was replaced, been working perfectly ever since.

Great well hopefully mine will be the same when I get it back. Did you still have to do update the firmware on the Ecotech pumps? Been thinking if I couldn't get the pumps to flash blue/yellow before will fixing the Controller firmware resolve that or I will I still have to update the pumps firmware?

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great well hopefully mine will be the same when I get it back. Did you still have to do update the firmware on the Ecotech pumps? Been thinking if I couldn't get the pumps to flash blue/yellow before will fixing the Controller firmware resolve that or I will I still have to update the pumps firmware?
No I didn't. I had all 4 of my MP40's connected to and working fine on my Apex. Once the firmware issue with the GHL Vortech controller was fixed, all work fine. One you get the controller back from GHL, re-post the screen shot from the Vortech tab in GCC. I'm curious to the firmware they loaded.

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I didn't. I had all 4 of my MP40's connected to and working fine on my Apex. Once the firmware issue with the GHL Vortech controller was fixed, all work fine. Once you get the controller back from GHL, re-post the screenshot from the Vortech tab in GCC. I'm curious to the firmware they loaded.
I hope mine will be the same because I have no way of updating the firmware on the pumps. The only way I am aware of is that you have to have it close to another pump that as the firmware update already installed. I have never seen such an unusual way of updating firmware. Presumably, you will have to buy another pump or know someone who has the latest firmware.

Yes, I will certainly post the screenshot of the firmware. Hopefully here on Friday.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope mine will be the same because I have no way of updating the firmware on the pumps. The only way I am aware of is that you have to have it close to another pump that as the firmware update already installed. I have never seen such an unusual way of updating firmware. Presumably, you will have to buy another pump or know someone who has the latest firmware.

Yes, I will certainly post the screenshot of the firmware. Hopefully here on Friday.
I've never had to or tried to update the firmware on a Vortech MP. FYI, 2 of the 4 that I am currently using are 5 years old, the other 2 are 2 years old. All connected without issue once the GHL Vortech Controller was fixed.

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had to or tried to update the firmware on a Vortech MP. FYI, 2 of the 4 that I am currently using are 5 years old, the other 2 are 2 years old. All connected without issue once the GHL Vortech Controller was fixed.
Looks promising then - wait and see now

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Member No 1 Good news I got the V Controller back yesterday and got it to connect straight away.
GHL said the problem was " that the RF module had loosened. We reattached it correctly and performed a test, during which we also updated the controller and module firmware."

This is a screenshot of the updated firmware:-
Screenshot 2020-07-25 at 18.02.40.png

The Vortech Controller and the Controller Interface were both v 1.02 before and the RF Module was not showing at all.

Some issues on the lower section of the screenshot where both pumps have been given the same serial number and the type, firmware and status of the pumps are not showing. Not sure whether that is normal?

Last edited:

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Member No 1 Good news I got the V Controller back yesterday and got it to connect straight away.
GHL said the problem was " that the RF module had loosened. We reattached it correctly and performed a test, during which we also updated the controller and module firmware."

This is a screenshot of the updated firmware:-
Screenshot 2020-07-25 at 18.02.40.png

The Vortech Controller and the Controller Interface were both v 1.02 before and the RF Module was not showing at all.

Some issues on the lower section of the screenshot where both pumps have been given the same serial number and the type, firmware and status of the pumps are not showing. Not sure whether that is normal?
Glad to hear it's working for you.
To your other question, yes it's completely normal. I remember someone saying something somewhere that the GHL Vortech controller doesn't/can't read Type, Firmware or State. I did ask and was told that in a future firmware update, we might be able to see the mode that the pump is running on the dashboard. Let's hope so, that would be a nice enhancement for us Vortech users.

1595849505640.png

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Yes, would be helpful - perhaps its an Ecotech Issue who won't allow it. They certainly weren't helpful to me when I enquired about the problem.
Appreciate your support on this

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Member No 1 Sorry there was a couple of other questions I was going to ask you re the controller if you don't mind -

I have them set as Master and Anti Sync Slave in Lagoon random mode but where I was under the impression that Lagoon Mode on the driver should show Purple the Master is showing Yellow and the Anti-Sync Slave Orange OR could even be Orange and Red respectively.

Is the max speed 100 so if on 50 that means running at 50%?

Many thanks

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Member No 1 Sorry there was a couple of other questions I was going to ask you re the controller if you don't mind -

I have them set as Master and Anti Sync Slave in Lagoon random mode but where I was under the impression that Lagoon Mode on the driver should show Purple the Master is showing Yellow and the Anti-Sync Slave Orange OR could even be Orange and Red respectively.

Is the max speed 100 so if on 50 that means running at 50%?

Many thanks
Per Ecotech, Lagoon is yellow (pg 3) Slave is as you stated (pg 10).

Max speed on the Quiet drive is 100% however in GHL it's 255. So 255 = 100% and 127 = 50%.
This is a comparison chart I did to compare GHL value to Vortech %
Hope this helps.
1595854298951.png

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is great thanks I must have misread the colour in the manual I looked at and didn't see the Master colour reference.
The chart is a great reference thanks for sharing and clarifies what I was wondering
Many thanks once again

Back