VorTech Controller questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Gogi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm absolutely in love with my Profilux 4, dosers and KH director so far. I have a few of questions about the VorTech Controller module though:
  1. Ecotech at some point replaced the Long pulse mode with Gyre mode, which supports a pulse up to 4 hours long. GHL only shows the old Long pulse mode that can be set only up to 1 minute pulse. Is there any way to make the pulse longer?
  2. Is there any way to set up a manual schedule for the VorTech pumps, like we can for illumination channels? Controlling them via stream groups only leaves a few limited options.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gogi

Gogi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also a question about the Sequence 1 stream group mode. The documentation states
If this group consists of 2 pumps, then the ebb-tide-simulation is generated.

What exactly does ebb-tide-simulation refer to in this case?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

Although this particular feature is not available in the Vortech controller, if you set the pump to be programmed through one of the stream groups, you can tie-in one or more pumps to react together and do something similar to what you're looking for.

Ebb tide simulation is the difference in time that it takes for the pump to reach min to max and vise versa.

OP
OP
Gogi

Gogi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG, OMG. The beta version of GHL Connect app now has VorTech Controller section! Thanks guys!

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and works quite well :) They posted a link on the GHL forums where you can also see it within myGHL beta site :)

OP
OP
Gogi

Gogi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and works quite well :) They posted a link on the GHL forums where you can also see it within myGHL beta site :)

I had no idea there was web beta.

Now we just need a more flexible control over stream groups.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do wish GHL would come up with a way to create hour long alternating gyres using stream pump programming.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I've posted it here before, but I used a lighting channel to get as close as I could do the results I wanted. This is for one side of the tank, the other side is offset a little. I used almost all the available programming points.
1580394593174.png

OP
OP
Gogi

Gogi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 how do you bind the lighting channel to a Vortech?

I see how that would work with 1-10v pumps, but Vortech are not controlled like that.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 how do you bind the lighting channel to a Vortech?
I'm not sure that you can. I have mine assigned to a 0-10V output to a true gyre pump. Well... 4 gyre pumps, 2 on each side.
I've never used the GHL Gyre interface so it may not be possible for you to do it.

OP
OP
Gogi

Gogi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah yes, that makes sense. 1-10V gives you quite a lot of flexibility in Profilux. Unfortunately Vortech module is completely separate. The only way to control them is either via Stream groups or running build in vortech modes.

Basically the only feature you get from connecting a Vortech to Profilux is that you can have it react to modes (feed, maintenance...). For the actual flow profiles you're better off using built in vortech profiles.

I guess if you use multiple manufacturers, the Stream groups would let you control them together. But still, it's too rigid.

Add schedule to streams groups (similar to light channels) and this would be solved.

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey GHL/vortech users - do you think the GHL connect for vortech pumps is worth it? I just ordered a profilux and this is all still pretty new to me!
It sounds like the Mobius app will eventually have some control for vortech, so will Mobius do the same thing as the GHL controller?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey GHL/vortech users - do you think the GHL connect for vortech pumps is worth it? I just ordered a profilux and this is all still pretty new to me!
It sounds like the Mobius app will eventually have some control for vortech, so will Mobius do the same thing as the GHL controller?
I answered in the other post you made asking the same thing.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the vortech controller on my P4, and it does what I need it do. Feed mode works, thunderstorms, and maintenance without any issues.

Overall happy with it.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I've posted it here before, but I used a lighting channel to get as close as I could do the results I wanted. This is for one side of the tank, the other side is offset a little. I used almost all the available programming points.
1580394593174.png

An older post, but I might have to steal this for my tunze pumps

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back