Vortech MP40 Flow deflector (10%) without supports and NOT snapping!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Seregus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Seregus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2016
Messages
286
Reaction score
150
Location
Como
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greeting everyone,

So I was looking for a deflector for my MP40s, which are mounted at the back wall of my 150G aquarium and they do disturb sand a lot.
All I found had to be printed with supports and installation always caused those mounts 'legs' to snap... this was due to how it's designed, they are snapping at the weakest point - 'between layers'.

So I designed it to be two parts - base with deflector (currently I only made 10 degree version, please ping me and I can do 5 or 20 or 40 degree) and a slots to glue in 'legs', since legs are printed with different orientation they are mega strong and will not snap. Slots are super tight I did not even glue it, but a drip of super glue before fitting legs will make it super permanent.

I attached some pictures, obviously print with PETG and 100% infill to avoid water damage and no chemicals leaking to aquarium.

Here is a link to STL (all free): https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:7390730



IMG_7688.jpeg

IMG_7689.jpeg
 
Are they lockable or you just rely they are tight enough not to swivel? I was thinking on improving the design to make it adjustable
 
Are they lockable or you just rely they are tight enough not to swivel? I was thinking on improving the design to make it adjustable
They don't lock, you just move them and they stay. They get tough to move if they are dirty but cleaning them makes them move easy again.
 
Ok so once I have next time free window I’ll try to design similar but with ‘clicking’ positions… so its lockable in some specified positions… have an idea on how to do it, but not sure if it will work…
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new