Vortech MP40w controller flashing green?

reefknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok hoping someone here may have an idea of how to repair a Gen 2 controller for a MP40w. Mine is flashing green while connected to a battery back up, or not powering up at all when plugged into power outlet only. Does the same thing if I swap power transformers from another MP40. Figure it was time to contact Ecotech.

After contacting Ecotech and forwarding a few photos of the interior of the controller I recieve the most cryptic answer ever from them that, it could be the power outlet on the controller. They never bothered to answer my question if it could be repaired or not. Does anyone know if the circuit boards can be repaired or is the only option replacement? I've never received such short, non helpful emails from them before on any question that I have asked. :squigglemouth:

If so I'm in the market for a controller, if you have one please shoot me a PM.

fragmatic

retired reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First try holding down both the Mode and Set buttons, then hold down the Mode button, then hold down the Set button. That should clear memory and reset the unit. It that doesn't work you may have a problem. Did you have a power outage?

OP
OP
reefknight

reefknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll give that a shot in a moment.

No, power outages but this occurred after conducting a water change the other night. I have to unplug that Vortech when I do one as it lowers the level in the display lower than the pumps operating level.

Bryon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my mp10's flash green before. I take the wet side apart and find sand or little pieces of the magnets that keep the blades from spinning. Once cleaned, I put them back on and everythings fine. Have you tried cleaning it?

gobeach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll give that a shot in a moment.

No, power outages but this occurred after conducting a water change the other night. I have to unplug that Vortech when I do one as it lowers the level in the display lower than the pumps operating level.

For future reference, you don't have to unplug to turn the m off. Press and hold the Option/Pwr button to turn off. Good luck with the controller.

fragmatic

retired reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my mp10's flash green before. I take the wet side apart and find sand or little pieces of the magnets that keep the blades from spinning. Once cleaned, I put them back on and everythings fine. Have you tried cleaning it?

Now this is good to know, thanx!

OP
OP
reefknight

reefknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For future reference, you don't have to unplug to turn the m off. Press and hold the Option/Pwr button to turn off. Good luck with the controller.

Mine are older Gen 2's which so not have the Option/Pwr button. Placing them in feed mode doesn't provide enough time.

OP
OP
reefknight

reefknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No, I haven't. I'll have to try that next. Thanks for the suggestion.

OP
OP
reefknight

reefknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, not at this time. I took the wetside apart and soaked it overnight and put it back together late last night to no avail. I may have tightened the propeller a bit much as now its giving me the red/green flash (stall code). I'll have to adjust it tonight when I get home. I'm still not getting it to power on with the standard power adaptor though, only the back up.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back