Vectra M2 help needed. after firmware update it flashes red, purple green dies!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rsp919

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been running the m2 for a second return pump for a couple months, No issues. Went to mobius to setup a new second tank I"m working on and it pulled up the pump. Thought while I was there i would go ahead and add it to the tank. It required a firmware update so I did that. During the update the pump shut off. I thought no problem, that's probably normal. but then I got an error on mobius and it would not finish the update. Went and checked out the controller and it was flashing gang signs at me. I disconnected the power, waited a few seconds(like the cable co. has you do to your tv because the majority of the time the dang thing is unplugged and they couldn't figure it out on their own lol) Anyways, when I plug it back in now it flashed red, purple, green and then powers off???

I tried Ecotech support for a couple days last week but could not get anyone to answer the phone. Now I have that stupid looped song stuck in my head after waiting 45 mins the last time I called. I guess their customer service needs some customer service. I've searched google, youtube, even onlyfans for help. No luck. PLEASE HELP!!!

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried to factory reset the vectra driver via the buttons?

1.Hold the "Mode" and "Set" buttons until flashing Red/White/Blue.

2. Hold the "Mode" button until Red/Purple

3. Hold the "Mode" and "Power/Option" button until solid Green.

See if that doesn't reset the driver so that you can go back into mobius and update it properly.

OP
OP
R

rsp919

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After I reconnect the power it flashes red, purple, green and then immediately turns off. It won't stay on long enough to do the reset.

OP
OP
R

rsp919

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just tried that. It started flashing red and orange. Tried the reset and it just kept flashing red and orange. Plugged pump back in and it kept doing the same. Disconnected power and right back where I started???

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just tried that. It started flashing red and orange. Tried the reset and it just kept flashing red and orange. Plugged pump back in and it kept doing the same. Disconnected power and right back where I started???
That sounds like something that needs customer service to troubleshoot

OP
OP
R

rsp919

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go in to mobius and roll back the firmware to work with reeflink then try to reinstall the update
I guess since it wont stay powered on its not even showing up in mobius to roll it back. Tried Ecotech yesterday and today. Still cant get them to pick up the phone. what the heck!!! I stayed on infinite hold for over an hour with no luck. It's a shame, between 2 tanks I have Vectra m2, a Vectra m1, 4 mp40's and 2 xr15's. I like their products but if I can't get any customer service I guess I'll have to go a different direction on future purchases.

cleon1990

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess since it wont stay powered on it’s not even showing up in mobius to roll it back. Tried Ecotech yesterday and today. Still cant get them to pick up the phone. what the heck!!! I stayed on infinite hold for over an hour with no luck. It's a shame, between 2 tanks I have Vectra m2, a Vectra m1, 4 mp40's and 2 xr15's. I like their products but if I can't get any customer service I guess I'll have to go a different direction on future purchases.
Hey just curious, what was the outcome? My M2 just recently started doing the same.

OP
OP
R

rsp919

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally was able to get in touch with them. I ended up having to send it in. They said my power supply needed to be replaced. I know that wasnt the issue because I tried a different supply from another m2 pump I have and that didnt help. They also said the motor was faulty and did replace it under warranty. All just weird as it was working just fine until I went to add it to Mobius??? Got it back and no problems since.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back