Vortech MP40Wes+Reeflink not finding each other

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

gfordQC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a reeflink. Got it connected through Ethernet, firmware updated and it shows up in my EcoSmartlive account. For the life of me I cannot get it to find my MP40Wes. Vortech W is blue on the top right corner.

I’ve done a few hard resets on the Vortech along with several power cycles, but to no avail. I even redid the firmware on the reeflink with no issues.

That’s all I found online to do. Anyone else have any tips/tricks?

jmp21677

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having the same issue with one mp10wqd. It finds one and not the other

OP
OP
gfordQC

gfordQC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I can’t even get it to connect to my WiFi so I’m wondering if there is something wrong with the wireless hardware. I put an email into the support at ecotech

Jamie7907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s new it could be the rf module. I’ve had to replace four of the new black rf modules with older green ones for it to work like it should including one reeflink and three mp60qds. The new modules look very different with a small battery on them.

OP
OP
gfordQC

gfordQC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s new it could be the rf module. I’ve had to replace four of the new black rf modules with older green ones for it to work like it should including one reeflink and three mp60qds. The new modules look very different with a small battery on them.

They are older ones. They could just be older ones that are bad, but I have two MP40Wes(one the dry side is bad) and I switched the controllers just to see with no luck.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a reeflink. Got it connected through Ethernet, firmware updated and it shows up in my EcoSmartlive account. For the life of me I cannot get it to find my MP40Wes. Vortech W is blue on the top right corner.

I’ve done a few hard resets on the Vortech along with several power cycles, but to no avail. I even redid the firmware on the reeflink with no issues.

That’s all I found online to do. Anyone else have any tips/tricks?
Did you do a hard reset or a soft reset? There are two different ones.
Soft Reset

Hard full reset

Hope this helps!

OP
OP
gfordQC

gfordQC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you do a hard reset or a soft reset? There are two different ones.
Soft Reset

Hard full reset

Hope this helps!

Yeah I’ve done both of those lol multiple times. Lol I wouldn’t think it would be this difficult, but from searching through forums it seems like this is common with older units. Thanks for the link though.

Daniel Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a reef link and had two older (ES) models of the MP40's and one of the newer QD's. I had NO luck getting the firmware upgraded on the older ES models (which I'm assuming you are trying to do). If you haven't upgraded the firmware, then you will need to do that first. I eventually gave up and just ordered the circuit board upgrades for the ES's. After I did that, the reef link had no trouble finding the "older" vortechs, although one or the other would continually drop off. The newest QD vortech I had also never had any trouble from the beginning. I had to call ecotech and they went in on their end and reassigned the port that the MP40's were using to communicate. I asked if this is something I could do on my end and they said "no". Unfortunately, I'm not sure my experience will help you much other than I would just encourage you to call them. While they were receptive and responded to my e-mails, getting them on the phone seemed to be much more helpful.

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried taking a hammer and smashing the reeflink to bits. After 4 hours of agonizing torture I finally got both of mine to connect. The bad part is I still don't know how I was able to do it. I just kept updating the software and I reset the MP40's probably 10x each. I have the older models also. A week later I sold it because their app and website are total nonsense. It's like they never bothered to test it.

Control both MP40's and XR30W's with an apex and wxm now. Much happier.

Last edited:

Daniel Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm with Daltrey. The reef link was very frustrating for me. I have found that it works great, when you get it finally working. I have had 0 issues with mine after the initial issues were resolved. Before that, though, i was ready to use the hammer method as well.

I have found times when their website at times makes programming unbearable...incredible amount of lag made it impossible to program my Vortechs. But after I have everything set, it's obviously a non-issue, so I don't experience that part anymore to know if that's an ongoing issue...it sounds like it may be

OP
OP
gfordQC

gfordQC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I hear ya all. I can definitely say it seems much more difficult then necessary. Yeah I will give them a call Monday if they don’t reach me by email. I would like to get the other one running again, but it started squealing all of a sudden and wouldn’t stay in place. I don’t want to buy the upgrade kits if I don’t need 2.

bryan3536

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I hear ya all. I can definitely say it seems much more difficult then necessary. Yeah I will give them a call Monday if they don’t reach me by email. I would like to get the other one running again, but it started squealing all of a sudden and wouldn’t stay in place. I don’t want to buy the upgrade kits if I don’t need 2.

Hey did you guys resolve this? I have new S1 pumps and MP40s (two each) and just picked up a reeflink from a member on this forum. I updated the firmware on the reeflink via usb and the “reeflink set up” program, but nothing when I plugged it in - ESL didn’t see reeflink, the app didn’t see reeflink, and none of my pumps/powerheads were seen. After a bunch of power-offs on both the reeflink and the pumps, I went back to the reeflink startup program and reset it to factory settings, figuring I would clear out what the prior owner had stored and then re-update the firmware. Now the darn thing is telling me that it’s associated and in use with another account, ie the problem I was trying to “fix” with a reset!

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey did you guys resolve this? I have new S1 pumps and MP40s (two each) and just picked up a reeflink from a member on this forum. I updated the firmware on the reeflink via usb and the “reeflink set up” program, but nothing when I plugged it in - ESL didn’t see reeflink, the app didn’t see reeflink, and none of my pumps/powerheads were seen. After a bunch of power-offs on both the reeflink and the pumps, I went back to the reeflink startup program and reset it to factory settings, figuring I would clear out what the prior owner had stored and then re-update the firmware. Now the darn thing is telling me that it’s associated and in use with another account, ie the problem I was trying to “fix” with a reset!

You will have to email Ecotech and tell them you bought it used and they will unlink it from the previous owner's account so you can use it. Give them 24 hours to reply. I've had to do it three times already.

Unfortunately I'm back to using this piece of junk to monitor my vectra m1.

OP
OP
gfordQC

gfordQC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will have to email Ecotech and tell them you bought it used and they will unlink it from the previous owner's account so you can use it. Give them 24 hours to reply. I've had to do it three times already.

Unfortunately I'm back to using this piece of junk to monitor my vectra m1.

Thanks for the tip. I was never able to get it to upload so I updated the driver to the WQD and it synced right up. Then one of the dry sides went out on the other unit i had and i ended up saving up to get a new MP40WQD and it didn't have any problems syncing it either. All running smooth now.

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip. I was never able to get it to upload so I updated the driver to the WQD and it synced right up. Then one of the dry sides went out on the other unit i had and i ended up saving up to get a new MP40WQD and it didn't have any problems syncing it either. All running smooth now.

Oh sorry, I meant to quote @bryan3536 , ha.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back