Vortech Schedule Suggestions

Averhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering if anyone would be willing to share what they schedule their Vortechs to do over the course of the day. I feel like I could probably add some variety to them instead of what they are doing at the moment and was curious what other people did since I don't even know where I should start or what my goals should be with setting up a pump schedule.

Thanks

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switch between short pulse/NTM, long pulse, reef crest, and lagoon throughout the day. I have timers set up that mimic real tidal durations and have a flow pattern correlated with each tide, so a given flow pattern is not on at the same time each day.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure it really matters all that much. I run reefcrest/anti sync most of the time, with occasional pulse/anti sync .... makes me feel better at least.

OP
OP
A

Averhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I thought the corallab stuff was only for the Radions. That was helpful, particularly since I also just added a Gyre 250 for more constant flow and now can just use the Vortechs for chaotic flow which seems to fit their philosophy as well (just, well, with only Ecotech stuff :) ).

OP
OP
A

Averhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switch between short pulse/NTM, long pulse, reef crest, and lagoon throughout the day. I have timers set up that mimic real tidal durations and have a flow pattern correlated with each tide, so a given flow pattern is not on at the same time each day.
Can you screenshot that? I'm curious what that even looks like. (Apex or Reeflink controlling it?)

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
333E8A0E-281F-45E9-A4BF-8B280ECEEE3E.png

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you screenshot that? I'm curious what that even looks like. (Apex or Reeflink controlling it?)

Controlled via Apex.

Hi-Hi_Tide (Virtual Outlet)
OSC 722:00/379:00/386:00 Then ON

Hi_Lo_Tide (Virtual Outlet)
OSC 376:00/346:00/765:00 Then ON

Lo_Hi_Tide (Virtual Outlet)
OSC 000:00/722:00/765:00 Then ON
If Output Hi_Lo_Tide = ON Then OFF

Lo_Lo_Tide (Virtual Outlet)
OSC 722:00/765:00/000:00 Then ON
If Output Hi_Hi_Tide = ON Then OFF
If Output Hi_Lo_Tide = ON Then OFF

Vortech #1
Set ReefCrst100
Fallback ReefCrst100
If Output Lo_Hi_Tide = ON Then VT_10s_Plse
If Output Lo_Lo_Tide = ON Then Lagoon100
If Output Hi_Lo_Tide = ON Then ReefCrst100
If Output Hi_Hi_Tide = ON Then VT_NTM

Vortech #2
Set ReefCrest50
Fallback ReefCrest50
If Output Lo_Hi_Tide = ON Then VT_Sync
If Output Lo_Lo_Tide = ON Then VT_Sync
If Output Hi_Lo_Tide = ON Then VT_Sync
If Output Hi_Hi_Tide = ON Then VT_NoSync

I didnt copy my profile programming but I think you can more or less understand from the names. The tidal durations follow a true mixed semidiurnal tide from some island in the middle of the pacific ocean (I forget where). This isn't my full programming, I also have pseudo-random surge outlets that periodically ramp the pumps up to 100% for between 45s - 3min a few times throughout the day as well.

OP
OP
A

Averhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. Gives me some interesting ideas, particularly with how to combine my gyre into the mix. I like the idea of chaos with the Vortechs and the using the gyre to surge and provide some constant flow at different levels.

19frank90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To have the slave pump running the same intensity as the master pump, it should be set at "sync/anti-sync 100%," correct?

Back