Vortech Setup for 34Gal

  • Thread starter Thread starter destro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

destro

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2019
Messages
160
Reaction score
222
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Hoping this is the right place to post.

Tank dimensions 24.5" L x 20" W x 20" H (34 gal)
Glass thickness 3/8"
Mainly LPS

Currently running 2 each MP10s

I'm having trouble understanding the flow calculator on Ecotech's website. Apparently 3/8" glass is too thick for MP10s??

I want to optimize my power heads for LPS dominant tank.

Both power heads are currently located on the back of the display (midway on right and left side), blended with the black painted glass.
Currently running them at 20% at night (constant), 25% lagoon mid day, 30% tidal swell evening, and back to 20% at night.

What mode and speed percentages would be recommended?
Are the both power heads mounted on the back forcing flow forward okay or best mounted one on each side right/left, forcing flow towards the center?
 
I think with a thicker glass you need to remove the silicon pad. I think my tank is 3/8 and I have mp10’s, but I’m by no means an expert.
 
I think with a thicker glass you need to remove the silicon pad. I think my tank is 3/8 and I have mp10’s, but I’m by no means an expert.

I put the MP10s in feed mode in order to get the wet and dry side bind. Works okay after that. I do think the silicon pad helps with noise/vibration reduction.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new