Vortech Users Be Prepared

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

itwired

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the power is cut how does the unit work. Does it sense that it is on battery and cut down power usage to 10 percent or just does it keep running on the profile its set too?
thx

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the power is cut how does the unit work. Does it sense that it is on battery and cut down power usage to 10 percent or just does it keep running on the profile its set too?
thx

It automatically uses the battery to run and brings the power down to 30% of the power before the outage.

Matt40gIMFusion

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the male end that connects to the vortech pump go into the female port all the way? Mine only goes in halfway. Is that correct?

Matt40gIMFusion

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the male end that connects to the vortech pump go into the female port all the way? Mine only goes in halfway. Is that correct?

Confuse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long will a vectra L1 run on battery backup and what percentage? And is it better to have the vectra hooked up to the battery backup, or say, an MP40 (or two)?

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1454392950.975028.jpg

stscream4187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting to set up a tank and wavering on purchasing this. Can someone please explain in more detail why fish and coral can be shipped for a day or two in a bag with no oxygenation but our tanks will not be able to support them for more than 4-6 hours? This does not make sense to me.

sn2per

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I know you will need a booster that hasn't been released yet and the standard battery back up to run the Vectra... Just plugging it into a standard Power Backup won't work... It's not strong enough...

underwaterdan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I know you will need a booster that hasn't been released yet and the standard battery back up to run the Vectra... Just plugging it into a standard Power Backup won't work... It's not strong enough...
first I've heard of this

sn2per

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to find the post from my group... A member contacted ETM and got told that as a reply. I will post it once I have found it.

sn2per

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so found the post and then went and checked for MYSELF... The Vectra will run for a limited time depending on settings but they 'Recommend' a booster for longer periods of use... (Note to self always double check...)

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting to set up a tank and wavering on purchasing this. Can someone please explain in more detail why fish and coral can be shipped for a day or two in a bag with no oxygenation but our tanks will not be able to support them for more than 4-6 hours? This does not make sense to me.
Bagged livestock doesn't have a tank full of bacteria that uses up the oxygen. Without flow bacteria dies off and pollutes the water rather quickly. I lost a large amount of livestock during an ice storm years ago. I was good until I couldn't get gas for my generator. I now have the battery backup for my vortechs. With my settings, I will be good for @12 hrs, now I just have to worry about heating the tank in case of another ice stormo_O

stscream4187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bagged livestock doesn't have a tank full of bacteria that uses up the oxygen. Without flow bacteria dies off and pollutes the water rather quickly. I lost a large amount of livestock during an ice storm years ago. I was good until I couldn't get gas for my generator. I now have the battery backup for my vortechs. With my settings, I will be good for @12 hrs, now I just have to worry about heating the tank in case of another ice stormo_O

Thanks for the info and sorry about the loss! I don't want to belabor this, but I am still a little confused. Won't the fish waste in the bags have the same effect on the water?

sn2per

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has to be the same as the battery packs only have one type of connector...??.? No other way of linking them... The controller boxes have the same connections as well..??

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 51.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.0%
Back