Vortech Users Be Prepared

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info and sorry about the loss! I don't want to belabor this, but I am still a little confused. Won't the fish waste in the bags have the same effect on the water?
Fish are typically conditioned with an empty gut before shipping so the bagged water won't become polluted. Still not the amount of bacteria in a mature system. Hope this helps a little.

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has to be the same as the battery packs only have one type of connector...??.? No other way of linking them...
i have a connector for the vortech, it has a 10 amp fuze or something, they're supposed to be producing a connector with a larger capacity to run the vectra.

sn2per

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a connector for the vortech, it has a 10 amp fuze or something, they're supposed to be producing a connector with a larger capacity to run the vectra.

Hhhmm.... I wish they would just come out and say so... I have seen others offering these as the ones... If it's just about fuse size I might even stick with the smaller one... I also know at least one person using those cables now...

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hhhmm.... I wish they would just come out and say so... I have seen others offering these as the ones... If it's just about fuse size I might even stick with the smaller one... I also know at least one person using those cables now...
I'm using one of the vortech ones myself. it tries to do the job, but just barely trickles it out. it would be awesome if they chimed in with a date at least... @EcoTech Marine?

sn2per

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using one of the vortech ones myself. it tries to do the job, but just barely trickles it out. it would be awesome if they chimed in with a date at least... @EcoTech Marine?

I notice that comment a lot... But never really see any posts... I have asked the question in my FB group let's see what they have heard.. :)

sn2per

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keep me in the loop please

Will do... It's gone off topic right now talking about UPS instead so maybe not a lot of info out there.. However off to one of my lfs tomorrow and they are a key player in the southern part of the U.K..

ingafly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vortech Users Be Prepared....for WINTER storms! Do you own a battery backup?

Without flow, fish and corals begin to die within 4 to 10 hours.
Extreme weather can strike during any season, and we can’t always predict the outcome. In the event of a power outage, is your tank protected? By adding the an EcoTech Marine Battery Backup, your tank’s flow will continue unaltered for up to 60 hours after the power goes out (30 hours for two pumps). Add a second battery backup to double the run time.

The EcoTech Battery Backup can help save your tank in the event of a power outage.
backup_body2.png

backup_run_time.png

ingafly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering if someone on this forum can make a recommendation here. I have an apex system and have echo marine power heads and main pump connected to vortex in the case of power loss. I am getting ready to go on vacation and did a test to see if everything was working by killing the power. The echo tech controllers showed that they had power but there was no water that was flowing for any of them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back