Voss water bottles for dosing containers

ShakeyGizzard

Southern Dude
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2023
Messages
8,092
Reaction score
32,940
Location
West Central Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smaller tanks need smaller dosing containers, Seen these Voss water bottles used before. Not bad for a 800ml container for $3.50. If anybody else uses them, did you leave the Voss on it or did you remove it, if so what was your technique. I plan on building the dosing stand to accommodate the dosing pump and up to 4 bottles for my 40 gal breeder. The necessary hardware to convert the bottle is easily found at BRS. The acrylic tube and 1/4 inch connectors. I would advise to soak the top in warmwater from your sink before drilling, this could help stop cracking.

20241119_134748.jpg
 
Last edited:
Smaller tanks need smaller dosing containers, Seen these Voss water bottles used before. Not bad for a 800ml container for $3.50. If anybody else uses the, did you leave the Voss on it or did you remove it, if so what was your technique. I plan on building the dosing stand to accommodate the dosing pump and up to 4 bottles for my 40 gal breeder. The necessary hardware to convert the bottle is easily found at BRS. The acrylic tube and 1/4 inch connectors. I would advise to soak the top in warmwater from your sink before drilling, this could help stop cracking.

20241119_134748.jpg
Glass???
 
how did you remove the labeling on the outside ? scraping or chemically
you could use a dremel or small orbital tool with a polishing attachment I bet. Awesome idea to use these containers by the way!
 
WHERE!!!!! lol. I have been looking for glass bottles since moving back to NY even before I had my tank going just to be able to have some, and can only find plastic
https://amzn.to/490nyg8 here you go! but the online price of course is more expensive, probably better off just buying empty glass drinking water bottles at that point...
 
WHERE!!!!! lol. I have been looking for glass bottles since moving back to NY even before I had my tank going just to be able to have some, and can only find plastic
I got mine at publix
 
how did you remove the labeling on the outside ? scraping or chemically
Going from memory which isn't good. I think I softened them up in hot water scrubbed/scraped the label and removed the adhesive with rubbing alcohol.
They work great. I ran them for quite a while until demand increased and I wanted a larger container.
PXL_20241119_212429613.jpg


My high tech holder
PXL_20241119_213020698.jpg
 
Everyone by us has them, but all plastic. I haven't looked at the gas station, but maybe they went back to glass. The grocery store is all plastic.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new