WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well.....Due to promotion at work (yay!
jester.gif
) I decided to shut down my 2 larger reef tanks, Let me tell yah... Very difficult decision... But like nearly everyone in this hobby I bet, You can't get out completely. Decided to set up a nano tank to keep besides my desk. Had a fusion 10 running already but came across a great deal on the nuvo 16, Decided to go with that one over the fusion 10 just to give myself a little more room in the tank, and the stand I had already for the fusion 10 was PERFECT size for the nuvo 16. Took a day and tore down the fusion, and got the nuvo 16 up and running.
ojfLrnv.jpg

That was back in August... I've delayed making this post too long! So now it has progressed and has filled up fairly quick with pieces that i'm keeping from the larger tanks and some new pieces I ordered.

CURRENT LIVESTOCK:
Pair of ocellaris clowns
Pair of tiny green clown gobies
Red spotted hawkfish - Might have to move him out... Nips at my feather duster!

Inverts:
Feather dusters... Love me some feathers
smile.gif

Trochus snails for CUC
Rock flower nem

Coral:
Various Mushrooms
Candy crush mushroom
Green bay packer zoas
AOG zoas
Pink zipper zoas
Couple other zoas
Acans - Dont remember the names of them
Green tipped hammer

Lighting:
2 8 watt SkkyeLight LED's (To be upgraded)

Flow:
Stock pump (To be upgraded)

Filtration:
3 media baskets with filter sponges
carbon
Coralife BioCube nano skimmer
Macro Algae

Misc Equipment:
ATO (Installing 10/8)

The current plan is to upgrade return pump first, within 2 weeks. And then upgrading the lights within the month. I think i've decided to go with an AI Prime HD light... Still undecided for the return pump. But for now, all the corals seem happy, so enjoy some fun pictures of me messing around with various cheap lenses to attach to my phone :p Got an ato the other day, so the plan is to get that installed Saturday! Wish me luck! Have another order of coral coming Wednesday so stay tuned for more pictures and updates on this tank! :) Any suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated!

Messing around with effects on my phone camera, This hammer picture looks pretty awesome i think
wink.gif

9FKvAZ2.jpg

Candy Crush mushroom
X07dnuD.jpg

Feather Duster
7wFfeWI.jpg

Acan
brvRnkn.jpg

Shrooms!
0T5aNnL.jpg

dUKFohw.jpg

VZE36ab.jpg

FULL TANK SHOT (TAKEN 9/30)
JMUgn8X.jpg

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just 2 out of the 6 pieces coming Wednesday, Can't wait!
UaC9Kcj.jpg

2IyjPPo.jpg

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a little issue with FedEx completely dropping the box covered with fragile stickers onto the front step, the new coral has arrived, Will post pics as soon as everything's acclimated and happy :)

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals acclimated well and looked amazing! Sadly i wasn't able to snap any pictures before lights out, so I'll grab some and upload tomorrow! :)

Ordered 2 st. thomas shrooms and the seller tossed in a freebie st. thomas shroom for me! God I love ordering from Kush Corals!!!

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgraded my lights to a AI Prime HD+ :) Looking awesome!

Hunt3r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking nice. Where did you get your 16? Im hunting one down even a used 10g. Lol

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking nice. Where did you get your 16? Im hunting one down even a used 10g. Lol
A local group on facebook, Saw someone was selling theirs so I picked it up, Then traded my old fusion 10 for some coral to stock it with ;)

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The next plan is to upgrade the pump, I'm currently looking at Eheim pumps, Just trying to decide if I want to go with the eheim 600, or 1000. Thinking doing 2 pumps so I don't have to deal with the Y split that lowers the amount of flow going to the tank. As soon as the new pumps are installed I can get the ATO set up, Doesn't fit with the Y split for the single pump :p

Hunt3r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A local group on facebook, Saw someone was selling theirs so I picked it up, Then traded my old fusion 10 for some coral to stock it with ;)

Cool! Keep us posted with your tank!!

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the day off work so decided to get something done on the tank, So I upgraded the next thing in line, Flow. I was thinking of replacing the pump to minimize stress on the already thin glass, But after talking with a LFS Decided to go with a Tunze 6015 nanostream pump. Picked up a few mushrooms and a torch while I was out there... Time to get this all hooked up!

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that didn't go as planned..... The tunze 6015 is TOO powerful haha... Back to the drawing board.....

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dug around a bit in a box of random supplies I have, Found a Maxi-Jet 900, So I replaced the stock pump with that and still using a Y split. I considered using the stock pump and the Maxi-Jet 900 but after testing, It was blowing the coral around a bit more than i'd like... So far i'm happy with the maxijet
smile.gif
Took time to put different colored zip ties on cables and another zip tie at the power strip so it is a bit easier to tell what is what now, just have to match the colors. Only other new stuff since the AI Prime HD+ would be a couple new zoa frags, St. thomas shrooms, and a Birds of Paradise frag i'm trying out. Will get a full tank shot after stuff settles and relaxes from the pump change.
Uyc6YiY.jpg

u0j44aM.jpg

jxlUwRp.jpg

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some updated photos
smile.gif

KushCorals Copper Pot mushroom! Easily turning into one of my favorite shrooms, And it keeps dropping babies! Got 1 head at the beginning of the month and now have 3
smile.gif

q9t5TTq.jpg

Little colony of Pink Zipper zoas
mTUSLnr.jpg

1 of 3 St. Thomas mushrooms
HqdlM8g.jpg

Splatter Wellso, I think it's safe to say this is my favorite piece in the entire tank
smile.gif

VuXAo2B.jpg

Top down shot of the tank.
oDfHBVG.jpg

And last but not least... The most recent full tank shot. Taken today (10/16/16)
FPwZKDV.jpg

I need to work on my picture taking skills.... :p ENJOY!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking great! Following along!

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not too much done with the tank today, Torch is starting to open up and look a bit better, When I purchased it the tissue was receding which is why I got a good deal on it, Noting a little TLC can't fix. But then the such smart fellow I am, attempting to remove the torch from the frag plugged it was glued on and cracked the skeleton in half... Put a dab of glue to keep it together and left it be. Seems to be doing alright... Only time will tell I guess.

I did pickup a few new SPS frags for a low price to try out as well now that I have an upgraded light. Those should be coming hopefully Friday... That's the goal as of now... This order will consist of a Red monti cap, Montipora Undata, Pink Millepora, and a random blue with green tip acro... I've never had luck when keeping SPS in my old reef tanks... So wish me luck! The birdsnest I added the other day has looked GREAT. Nice colors and amazing polyp extension.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Havn't updated this post in a bit, The order of SPS came, and so far everything is looking good! Came with a freebie birdsnest frag aswell so I glued that on by my other birds nest and they are happy as can be! The torch didn't end up making it, not sure if it was the spot I had it in or if it was just too far gone... But Went and got myself a new torch, spent the extra buck and got a nice healthy looking one and man it seems to be doing great! Just the way torch's look may be what drew me into the salt water hobby.... Picked up an insane colored lobo aswell. The pictures, even with an orange filter, don't do the colors justice! As for growth i've noticed a couple new polyps starting to poke up on my pink zipper zoa colony and AOG zoas, aswell as my copper pot mushroom, it just keeps dropping babies! My bright green hammer also has about 5 new heads starting to grow!

Moved a couple pieces around the other day to make room for the new pieces and ever since then the Wellso hasn't expanded as full as it normally does... Any tips for that? Everything else seems happy as can be except for that one piece. Haven't moved it at all since I put it in the tank and it was happy and fat for a while... I am a bit overdue on a water change so hopefully it's just that.... With that being said, Normally I just use instant ocean salt but decided to give a new salt a try... Ordered a small bucket of Red Sea Coral Pro salt so plan to mix some of that up when it arrives later today and do about a 3 gallon water change this evening.

Time for the pictures!

The copper pot shroom with 2 babies
mw7k67w.jpg

Green tipped torch
UOHxoOg.jpg

Awesome looking lobo
MgbskKp.jpg

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished a 2g water change to start, mixing up some more salt water currently. Think I may have figured out why the wellso wasn't opening up... My stupid self, had my light set on a lunar schedule for the entire day the past week LOL... So the wellso on the bottom wasn't getting enough light I bet... Time will tell :)

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything has been looking great, Picked up a green slimer frag, another bright ricordia, and finally pulled the trigger on a piece i've wanted for months.... A bounce mushroom :) They are all talked up, but I love mushrooms and the different varieties they come in...This bounce I picked up is purple with green bubbles, Will post pics when it settles in a bit more! As for the issues with the wellso i posted about earlier, getting the light back on its normal schedule has helped a TON! He's puffing up and looking great the entire day now, Couldn't be happier!

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So currently fish wise I have a proven pair of occys in the tank, along with a red spotted hawkfish, I'm debating removing the clowns sot hey can have more space, just feel like its a bit cramped for them.. and have someone that wants to buy my hawkfish off me... What would be a good fish or 2 that would be comfortable in a 16g with tons of coral... I was almost thinking a wartskin angler and just keeping him in the tank... How are they with snails and everything?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back