OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been holding out on you guys! Got some nice pics with a filter so you can see some good colors :) Enjoy!

Xz8wzqi.jpg

OIKw7Ga.jpg

RNWXueK.jpg

gEk9mkF.jpg

CkgsRkZ.jpg

4ZTWNiv.jpg

And last but not least.... The first time since i've added the pom pom crab that I have seen him. I didn't think there was any nems on his claws when i got it, but there is something on it now... To dark to tell what though.
qeSt9M4.jpg

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got an order of some new shrooms today! Love them! So happy with all the pieces I've ever ordered from Kush Corals!! The main piece of this order is a nice interstellar mushroom, Still doesn't look perfect yet, so don't want to show it off till then :) But for now... I figured it was time for an updated FTS!

TdRD7JW.jpg

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
been a while since i updated this thread.... Well lets see in 2 weeks a bit has happened, The green monti that is up near the torch died off, My fault... put it too close to the torch. A couple shrooms either died off, Or just detached from the rock they were on and are now somewhere else i can't see them.... Just my luck lol! My frag of birds nest has receded a lot, which is odd cause I have an acro pretty close to the same spot that has been growing great and is starting to encrust the rock work.... The nem has been moving around and ticking me off like usual... Will have to get some updated pictures soon... Doesn't feel the same for some reason after loosing a couple pieces, to anyone else looking at the tank they would still think it looks great i bet, but for me knowing what use to be it is tough... Maybe others know the feeling too.

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did some re-aranging today of frags, Mainly to get everything on the sand bed onto the rock... I'm not a fan of stuff being on the sand bed. And FINALLY my kryptonite mushroom attached to a piece of rubble so i was able to move it out to the main rock work! Pictures of that and other frags to come tomorrow, I have a SPS frag that i don't remember where i got it from, but the colors are AWESOME, So input would be great... But will post that more tomorrow. For now, a teaser of a piece I just purchased :)

gfJ0alJ.jpg

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ioVA7N0.jpg

It's difficult to do a real FTS, I have so many other pieces on the sides of the rocks, New pieces to see from every angle.

Disclaimer: Just moved the coral around and got everything situated, Not the best looking picture...

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my hands on a couple deadpool mushrooms to add to my collection! They are getting dropped off in the morning... So pumped!

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ioVA7N0.jpg

It's difficult to do a real FTS, I have so many other pieces on the sides of the rocks, New pieces to see from every angle.

Disclaimer: Just moved the coral around and got everything situated, Not the best looking picture...

Is that the Netflix Frag at top right? Jk

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the Netflix Frag at top right? Jk
xD I knew someone would point that out! It's super rare but I was able to get my hands on it... I'll sell it for $400 + shipping ;)

Gotta love reflections!

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
xD I knew someone would point that out! It's super rare but I was able to get my hands on it... I'll sell it for $400 + shipping ;)

Gotta love reflections!

Dang.. how much par does he need? :)

Your tank looks really nice. Grats on the promotion too!

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang.. how much par does he need? :)

Your tank looks really nice. Grats on the promotion too!
Thanks :) Having a real nice looking nano has always been my dream... The promotion, with the downfall of shutting down a couple tanks, made it possible.

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been lucky to this point in not having to worry about car payments or anything like that, but of course when all is going well my car broke down. Ended up buying a new car and with that comes car payments... So now I think it's save to say that the amount of money that was going into the tank will no longer be as much. But I do have a few plans. First order of business, An ATO. I have one that I picked up locally that i put in the original post for this tank, but after going to set it up, it wont fit into the back chamber as nicely as i'd like. So my plan is a smart ato that will easily fit into place. Then after that is in i think the best thing to do would be look into and setting up a dosing system. Now i've never dosed any tank I've owned... so ANY tips on that would be greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we got moved into an AIO forum, so lets have a discussion about AIO tanks, What kind of media do you guys prefer in your back chamber? I personally run filter floss, bag of carbon, and chemi-pure elite. I've considered getting some chaeto or something and see if i can get a mini-led or a small grow light to have in the back to grow them in the back chamber... but that's another debate for another time...

On a side note... A local shop had their 9th anniversary party this past weekend and i was fortunate enough to win a new nano tank! So another build thread coming soon! :D

OP
OP
WadePW

WadePW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a good bit... nearly a month o_O wow! where has the time gone! Haven't done much to the tank in that time, been letting it run on its own and let stuff grow a bit to fill out, had some bryopsis make its way into the tank so have been pulling that and just started dosing flunco after doing some research and hearing good results of that, dosing at 12.5mg/gallon per day. 2 days in so haven't noticed much of a difference but am hoping it'll start to recede a bit in the coming days. Have lost a couple pieces, and aquired some new ones.... Will have to post an update picture soon! along with starting the build thread for the new nano I set up.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back