Wade's 600g system

Cooterbrown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
last weekend i upgraded my coral farming operation and my dt up a couple sizes. got a really good deal on a 220 drilled for a closed loop with an oceans motions and a hammerhead for the return which will feed the 150g frag tank and 55g refugium. soon i will add a 40b upstairs for ***** and giggles.

Hardware:
im running an asm g6 protein skimmer in a 125g baffleless sump. a hammerhead pump doing all the returns on the 3 systems and an jehmco pool pump on the oceans motions. i run hallides on all my systems.

sand i used what ive always used with great success, its quikrete fine white silica sand i buy from ace hardware for 10$ per 80#. i know alot of people disagree with using silica sand but ive used it in every tank ive owned with zero side effects and no algae at all.

rock i have around 200# of marco, pukani and tongan branch.

live stock, ill probably miss a few fish so lets see.
hippo tang
sailfin tang
purple tang
2 yellow tangs
yellow eyed kole tang
tomini tang
vlamingi tang
bicolor blenny
scooter blenny
lawnmower blenny
lyre tail chromis
sunrise dottyback
2 bangai cardinals
tomato clown (hosted in a rainbow bubble tip)
percula clown (hosting in a 12" squamosa hah)
2 occelaris clowns (in a long tentacle)
pink spot goby
egineer goby
6 line wrasse
harlequin tusk
harlequin sweetlips
yellow tail damsel
velvet damsel
blue devil damsel

i think thats it i probably forgot a few
im going to add a clown tang i think just to see if i can have success. ive had great luck with finicky eaters.

in the frag tank i have a couple damsels that got big and mean. in my experience the damsels that have flatter faces are way more aggressive than the pointy faced ones.

any ways i just wanted to share this build and have a place to document progress. took 3 days to get everything set and replumbed, because before it was 3 seperate systems. to store all the fish and coral during these three days i employed a rarely seen tool in the aquarium trade..... 13$ walmart kiddie pools. i probably had well over 10k$ worth of live stock intrusted in it. and it made it. i didnt sleep at all during these 3 days though lol but with this build i finally succeeded in having more gallons than square footage in my house. 1000 gallons in an 800sqft house!:bounce1:

heres pics!!

OP
OP
C

Cooterbrown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the frag tank and sump in the fish room. Ignore the mess this is before I went into cleaning mode.
null-100.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 122 74.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back