Waited 20 years to say hello (my 350gal system)

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R! You’re right, better late than never. All I can say is WOW! I always get excited to see veteran Reefers systems and hearing their stories. Sorry you had so many losses - that must have been a heartbreaker.
Also, you can’t just casually mention a 12 year old, 4 foot Zebra Moray and not share pics! :)
Can’t wait to see more posts from you!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

|Frank|

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Awesome setup!

OP
OP
Matt L.

Matt L.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! You’re right, better late than never. All I can say is WOW! I always get excited to see veteran Reefers systems and hearing their stories. Sorry you had so many losses - that must have been a heartbreaker.
Also, you can’t just casually mention a 12 year old, 4 foot Zebra Moray and not share pics! :)
Absolutely will share pictures! I'll get some next feeding, which should be in a day or two.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Wow my friend - Quite the setup !!!

welcome51.gif

OP
OP
Matt L.

Matt L.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wrote a post about the moray here. It has the best photo in it I could do, plus a little but of experience on keeping a zebra moray in case anyone's interested.

Matt:cool:

OP
OP
Matt L.

Matt L.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome matt.
You put alot of work into that fish room. Looks kinda cool all them wires/ pipes/ controllers " organised mess" ha ha.

Edit:no offence meant by organised mess,i think looks great and well done.
It's so great to hear from a reefer overseas. My wife's family is from the UK, and we were last in Cambridge about two years ago. I wondered if reefing was popular over there.

A lot of people do control panels, and I've tried over the years, but it just gets too hard to remove an apex module if I need to reconfigure or replace one. So for now the wiring between close modules is all exposed and done up with zip ties. The wiring from one panel to another is behind the walls. I use long USB cables to communicate over distance.

Matt:cool:

Back