Walking dendros... im finally doing it

If any of you remember my old thread about walking dendros then you know where I'm going. I placed an order for three and they're hopefully arriving today! And now that I'm getting them, I have a question for you. They get their ability to walk due to a peanut worm living in the skeleton, however there is no record on how long the dendo worms actually live. So if you have kept them, how long has the worm lived relative to the coral? And how did it fare after the worm died? Would love to hear your experiences, I'll post photos once I pick them up!
I have had one 6+ years now. The dendro died a long time ago but the peanut worm is fine and still very active. I had to glue a piece of neon plastic to the dead coral as I kept accidentally picking it up thinking it was a old piece of rock.
 
Oh man. I thought I was alone. Another zombie dead coral walking here as well. I misunderstood this coral and was told it was eating as it was walking around so I didn't need to feed it. I searched to understand why it turned all white and turns out the coral is dead. ...and worm still moving around. I considered put a zoa on it, but afraid the zoa would be too heavy eventually as the polyps multiplied for the worm to move around.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new