Wall hammer dipped, what next?

Cari

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a peach wall hammer about a month ago. From past experience, I now dip all corals with Seachem Reef Dip, before putting them in tank. So this one was dipped then.

I noticed today what looked like maybe start of something on the end of it. I used a turkey baster lightly to see if anything would come off. Yep!

I removed the hammer and gave it a 30 minute dip, moving it gently in both the dip water and rinse water before putting back in tank.
I took pics of what was left behind, using a flash light. I could swear these things were moving for a couple of minutes after removing hammer.

Question is do you see anything that would cause an issue with the hammer and if so, what’s the next step to eliminate it. The hammer looks good now, except at the very end of skeleton where there is no polyp.

thanks!

IMG_5647.jpeg IMG_5649.jpeg IMG_5646.jpeg IMG_5645.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of those are probably copepods/beneficial, but I don't have my magnifying glass in front of me. If you've already dipped it twice and the coral is generally doing well you're probably fine.

shcrimps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4720.jpeg
big green/purple is my wall (most my euph have polyclads i’m working on getting rid of) but as long as it looks happy and is opening well you should mostly be in the clear for now

OP
OP
Cari

Cari

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies! Hammer looks happy today. Pretty full with a couple of sweepers out. Made sure to feed today.
Not seeing anymore deterioration at the moment.

@shcrimps Those hammers look awesome!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back