Wall Hammers

Charlie the Reefer

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2022
Messages
762
Reaction score
831
Location
Chicago
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello everyone.

1665067309136.png


I've read up quite a bit on Wall Hammers.

Eventually I would like to take a stab at keeping in these. I've read all sorts of different things. Dif opinions/observations I've heard:

-Avoid them no questions asked

-Can keep, but require very stable water parameters

-Some take to your tank, some just die. (0 or 100, binary outcome)

-Some people have had success fragging big colonies @sghera64

-Key is look at flesh, buy healthy specimens

-Iodine dips help if you can identify things going south early

-I've heard one guy had multiple wall hammers, but added one that died and resulted in all the rest to die off....

Anyone have any other advice/experiences for wall hammers? Any fringe opinions out there on how to keep them (or why I should definitely never keep them)? Basically just attempting to compile all the info I can on them....

THANKS!
 
These are the more challenging of euphyllia group but some of the most beautiful also
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new