OP
OP
jd-woodlands

jd-woodlands

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You weren’t kidding when you said “150 sps jammed packed”. Have you had any warfare issues over space?

Some, but most of them figure it out themselves. Some of the encrusting montipora fuse with some of the sps, others will just create a border like what you see on the pc rainbow picture. Biggest issue is with the palys and zoas, but even some of the SPS are encrusting over them. Some of the zoas and palys attach to the sps shading the base, occasionally I’ll clear them out for smaller frags.

The green pavona and encrusting green monti are at a stalemate and all is good. Nature figures it out so I don’t bother too much.

OP
OP
jd-woodlands

jd-woodlands

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM 30L fusion ~26 gallons
IM ghost skimmer
Carbon in a reactor
IM midsize UV
Icecap 1k gyre 100% random
2 x 175w Hamilton 20000k MH
4 36” T5 ATI Blue Plus

T5 runs 12 hours
MH runs midday for 6 hours with T5
~25% water changes weekly with Fritz rpm
BRS ALK, CA, MG dosing with a 4 head Jaebo
ALK 8.5
Ca 475
Mg 1500
Nitrates 5 - 10 ppm
Phosphate .025 - .06 (it may be .30 ish but I need to check. Forget if there is a zero..)
Ph 7.5 - 8.35
Handful of seachem matrix (recently added)

5ml acropower daily
Reef chili, reef roids, coral frenzy, 3 - 4 times a week
LRS frozen to fish 2x day

Just tested my phosphate with a Hanna checker, .45 ppm (no zero). Yes that’s higher than what a lot of people say. No, I don’t have a major algae issue. :)

Ferrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing. I’m just getting into Acropora and have a lot of upper level real estate to fill. Slow and patiently

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Always nice to see progress and growth of coral.
Would be a benefit to many who admire this progress to briefly list what methods you utilize to make these coral grow and thrive

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your growth rates certainly look above average! Nice job. I really do think that halides and t5 combo is the best for growth (and color depending on bulb choice).

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got back into acros after a tank crash. I got some nice frags a couple of weeks ago and I look forward to seeing the progress. Been testing water daily to maintain rock solid parameters.
I am following your post so please keep it coming!

krak256

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great growth. From the photos, the tank looks much bigger.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just tested my phosphate with a Hanna checker, .45 ppm (no zero). Yes that’s higher than what a lot of people say. No, I don’t have a major algae issue. :)

Wow. That is high. Me needs to rethink the .05 - .1 that I adhere to. I believe you when you say no algae, I mean, where the heck would it grow in your tank? :)

Beautiful tank dude.

Andrew Higgins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM 30L fusion ~26 gallons
IM ghost skimmer
Carbon in a reactor
IM midsize UV
Icecap 1k gyre 100% random
2 x 175w Hamilton 20000k MH
4 36” T5 ATI Blue Plus

T5 runs 12 hours
MH runs midday for 6 hours with T5
~25% water changes weekly with Fritz rpm
BRS ALK, CA, MG dosing with a 4 head Jaebo
ALK 8.5
Ca 475
Mg 1500
Nitrates 5 - 10 ppm
Phosphate .025 - .06 (it may be .30 ish but I need to check. Forget if there is a zero..)
Ph 7.5 - 8.35
Handful of seachem matrix (recently added)

5ml acropower daily
Reef chili, reef roids, coral frenzy, 3 - 4 times a week
LRS frozen to fish 2x day

Wow, amazing tank. How do you keep your levels so stable? Also, you don’t need a chiller with your MH?

OP
OP
jd-woodlands

jd-woodlands

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, amazing tank. How do you keep your levels so stable? Also, you don’t need a chiller with your MH?
Keeping levels stable with a 4 head doser, dosing every hour / 24 hours and an ATO.. Alk dosing is 1ml per hour at night, then ramps to 2ml - 4ml throughout the day. Calcium is opposite schedule, mag all day. No chiller required, have 2 vornado personal fans that fit perfectly in the AIO chamber, using those with an APEX they turn on when needed to blow over the tank. Able to get about 3 degrees F of reduction that way. My mid-day temp swing is below... a little over 1 degree with MH. Lights are about 8-9" above the tank.

IMG_5947.jpg
IMG_6483.jpg

Andrew Higgins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping levels stable with a 4 head doser, dosing every hour / 24 hours and an ATO.. Alk dosing is 1ml per hour at night, then ramps to 2ml - 4ml throughout the day. Calcium is opposite schedule, mag all day. No chiller required, have 2 vornado personal fans that fit perfectly in the AIO chamber, using those with an APEX they turn on when needed to blow over the tank. Able to get about 3 degrees F of reduction that way. My mid-day temp swing is below... a little over 1 degree with MH. Lights are about 8-9" above the tank.

IMG_5947.jpg
IMG_6483.jpg

Thanks for the reply. You gave me hope in keeping sps systems without a sump. How do you like the 30l tank?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 75 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back