Wanna share a new monti I found

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I posted this on a different forum but wanted to post here to hear from those that frequent this page more often... Hope you don't mind.

Hey everyone, just wanted to share this monti that I found a couple months ago. I got it in pretty rough shape and it seems to have colored up very nicely, it is blue skin with blue polyps, I have never seen anything like this before but I also haven't been on the forums that much either. Either way, let me know what you guys think about it.

Its becoming one of my favorite montis in the tank.

34619235395_c5b6282d91_c.jpg

....Sorry for the glare

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its as awesome here as the other couple of places I have seen it. Wish I could find a nice blue monti like that. Is it going to be a chop shop since so many people want it or are you going to grow it out? You should contact reef farmers/ Tyree and see if they will LE it.

OP
OP
ChrisQ0904

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its as awesome here as the other couple of places I have seen it. Wish I could find a nice blue monti like that. Is it going to be a chop shop since so many people want it or are you going to grow it out? You should contact reef farmers/ Tyree and see if they will LE it.
Both? Maybe. If I cut it i will only cut half of it MAX (for size reference its on a 3" disk). I'm definitely not going to go crazy cutting it. Actually for the first few pieces I cut I would rather trade than sell to be honest. We will see what happens, I may throw feelers for trades once I cut. Call me dumb but what do you mean yo contact one of them to LE? Basically what is LE?

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://reeffarmers.com/

They have limited edition corals and they usually document the lineage and grow some as like a seed bank. They do resell but they hold the stories to many of the popular corals of today and most from years past. For example:

Castells Banana Table:
"
The Castells Banana Table Acropora was exported from Australia in June 2009. Rogger Castells (Chef Rogger) acquired the table from a South Florida Coral Wholesaler. Rogger is the owner of Roggers Reef Food and he has maintained very good records of his coral purchases. This coral was originally a brown table with a slight lime green coloration overall. He kept the coral under 400 watt 20,000 K and the lime green turned dark green after 6 months. A few months later it eventually developed into a deep solid green with lime green branch ends. These lime green lighter branch ends appeared yellowish at times (see image below).

Rogger only made one fragment from the parent colony which was given to Victor and Lou of World Wide Corals in 2011. The below image shows the OG original parent colony right after that single fragment was harvested. The parent colony was eventually lost and WWC grew the only surviving fragment into a decent sized parent colony once again ready for harvest. While WWC was regrowing the clone colony in captivity, the coral also developed some amazing blue branch stem coloration very similar to the Lime in the Sky branch stem blue. That added another dimension to this coral and helped elevate it to Limited Edition status.

Reeffarmers is maintaining a seed section of this coral in a 8 foot Raceway Gyre BiZonal system. This system is naturally filtered with a semi-cryptic zone and a reef flat exposed zone. In this captive reef the coral is positioned to receive strong to moderate light and moderate to strong water current. The first edition fragment of this coral was sold privately to Greg Polec. Recommended list price on December 30th 2014 was $149.99 for a small fragment.
"

OP
OP
ChrisQ0904

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

They have limited edition corals and they usually document the lineage and grow some as like a seed bank. They do resell but they hold the stories to many of the popular corals of today and most from years past. For example:

Castells Banana Table:
"
The Castells Banana Table Acropora was exported from Australia in June 2009. Rogger Castells (Chef Rogger) acquired the table from a South Florida Coral Wholesaler. Rogger is the owner of Roggers Reef Food and he has maintained very good records of his coral purchases. This coral was originally a brown table with a slight lime green coloration overall. He kept the coral under 400 watt 20,000 K and the lime green turned dark green after 6 months. A few months later it eventually developed into a deep solid green with lime green branch ends. These lime green lighter branch ends appeared yellowish at times (see image below).

Rogger only made one fragment from the parent colony which was given to Victor and Lou of World Wide Corals in 2011. The below image shows the OG original parent colony right after that single fragment was harvested. The parent colony was eventually lost and WWC grew the only surviving fragment into a decent sized parent colony once again ready for harvest. While WWC was regrowing the clone colony in captivity, the coral also developed some amazing blue branch stem coloration very similar to the Lime in the Sky branch stem blue. That added another dimension to this coral and helped elevate it to Limited Edition status.

Reeffarmers is maintaining a seed section of this coral in a 8 foot Raceway Gyre BiZonal system. This system is naturally filtered with a semi-cryptic zone and a reef flat exposed zone. In this captive reef the coral is positioned to receive strong to moderate light and moderate to strong water current. The first edition fragment of this coral was sold privately to Greg Polec. Recommended list price on December 30th 2014 was $149.99 for a small fragment.
"

hmmm had no idea about this, will have to look into it!

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Castells Banana Table:
"

"
That's cool thanks for the info

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 72.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 47 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back