Want confirmation before treating

lulubap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, just woke up this morning and went to feed the fish.

First day of school and it’s going to rain heavily all day.

Just when the day couldn’t get any worse I wake up to my darwins having what I’m pretty sure is ich.

Just would like confirmation.

Also apologies for what looks like blue light. It’s supposed to be white but they don’t like leaving that corner.

5DEC68C6-B1B6-4230-AFFC-0ADAFF6D0951.jpeg 4E6EFF94-3180-44CA-9060-0EC382A64630.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that's marine ich, a pretty well advanced case. You'll need to treat this starting today if you can. Your options are pretty limited - you'll need to move all fish to a fish-only treatment tank and either treat with low salinity (hyposalinity) or with coppersafe. Neither of those treatments can be done with invertebrates in the tank.

Jay

OP
OP
lulubap

lulubap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that's marine ich, a pretty well advanced case. You'll need to treat this starting today if you can. Your options are pretty limited - you'll need to move all fish to a fish-only treatment tank and either treat with low salinity (hyposalinity) or with coppersafe. Neither of those treatments can be done with invertebrates in the tank.

Jay
Am fully aware, but I appreciate your confirmation on treatment as well. Not my first time with copper treating and hyposalinity, it certainly won’t be my last. thank you.

Back