Want critical review of my Stocking List

NinnJinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have spent the last 4 days making a stock list for my 125gal FOWLR that has been up and running with inverts for the last 6 months. Liveaquaria is having a 20% off deal.
I have 3-29gal tanks set up as QT's and have a list. So far I only have 5 different fish species 8 total fish. All fish will be "Small" when purchased.

Anyways, Here is what I have, and wanting to know about the 2 goby I have listed, ALSO, willing to take suggestions on other fish to order as well.

I understand after QT if I add all the fish at the same time, there is a chance the DT may crash due to over load..... (Why I have 3 separate tanks)

Item Price Quantity Total
SW - Ocellaris Clownfish, Captive-Bred - Small

SW - Six Line Wrasse (Fiji) - Medium

SW - Royal Gramma Basslet (Caribbean) - Medium

SW - Yellow Tang (Hawaii) - Small

SW - Blue Tang (Indonesia) - Small

SW - Diamond Watchman Goby (Sri Lanka) - Small

SW - Orange Spotted Goby (Indonesia)

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon and from your list I have two clowns, a small yellow tang and the royal gamma basslet and everyone gets along fine. I think you have room to add a few fish once you get these in there and your tank adjusted to the bio load.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skip the spawn of Satan (aka 6 line wrasse). They are known for being okay for a while and then suddenly snapping and going on killing sprees. There are many other wrasses that would be better choices for that tank (ie Melanurus, Christmas, Red Lined). The Yellow Tang can be aggressive, but should be okay in a 125. The Blue Tang will likely outgrow that tank at some point, so be aware of that. Everything else should be fine in the tank, just be aware that clowns can be very territorial once established and can bite their owners.

Here is a vid of a Male Melanurus, for reference:

OP
OP
N

NinnJinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skip the spawn of Satan (aka 6 line wrasse). They are known for being okay for a while and then suddenly snapping and going on killing sprees. There are many other wrasses that would be better choices for that tank (ie Melanurus, Christmas, Red Lined). The Yellow Tang can be aggressive, but should be okay in a 125. The Blue Tang will likely outgrow that tank at some point, so be aware of that. Everything else should be fine in the tank, just be aware that clowns can be very territorial once established and can bite their owners.

Here is a vid of a Male Melanurus, for reference:

THANK YOU!!!!!

Corey Baker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Sixline after three weeks of trying to capture got his one way ticket to the LFS. Evil little b******s! Was a model citizen for well over a year... and like Jesterrace said.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jesterrace mentioned the two things I would have.

It's great that a standard 125 is 6', but it isn't quite big enough for a blue tang. For a fowlr, I would replace it with a dwarf angel. There are lots of gorgeous ones to choose from.

I would also replace the six line with a better wrasse.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back