Want to add more pajama cardinals

sixline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.

I've got a 100g mixed reef. About ten years ago I added a group of five small pajama cardinals. They did pretty well, and now ten years later have dwindled down to three large pajama cardinals.

I'm wondering if I can add another group of five at once. Would the larger ones leave them alone because they are so much smaller? Or would the aggression be distributed around and the little guys would be ok? Or is it a horrible idea?

Also, what if I were to add a group of five small banghai cardinals instead?

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There might be a lil bickering with the Old Pajama and New Pajama in the first 24 hours. After maybe - but doubtful - a fin nip or tail nip, they should all be fine.

If you add the Bangai, they will not usually associate with the Pajamas. While the cardinals won't fight amoungst each other they aren't going to hang out together.

Another really good cardinal that might provide a little more movement tank is the bluespine or blue eye cardinal. This looks like a fresh water bleeding heart tetra, but I have been keeping them for almost 10 years and found them to be great community fish. They stay in a tight bunch and move the most around the tank compared to Bangai or Pajama.

Dave B

BirdFish5000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've added groups of pajamas with zero issues. They're definitely one of the most peaceful of the cardinals.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back