• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Want to buy 30 to 40g aio tank

Item Price
$400.00
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm downsizing from a 9og system and want to buy parts or a complete aio tank of 30g to 40g. Broken glass or leaky systems will be seriously considered. I have a 40g (24" x 24" x 20") tank that I'm about ready to build and I'd like to make it an aio. So hardware from a broken or leaky tank would be great! But I'm also willing to consider a complete system in good condition.

I'm in SW Florida, but I travel some and I'm not afraid of shipping costs.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ron,

Have you checked FB marketplace? I’m from central Florida and see tons of Innovative Marine 40g AIOs pop up all of the time for cheap. You should check there, people sometimes give them away for unbelievably cheap. I lived in SW FL for a while in the Bonita Springs/Naples area. I’m not sure how frequently they pop up around there, but I know plenty of them show up in the Tampa and Miami area’

I’ve read plenty of your posts about rock flowers, and I collect them in a 30g AIO. Good luck on your new build!

OP
OP
Ron Reefman

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jkcoral, thanks for the lead about FB marketplace. I had never been there. I watched Craigslist and have not seen much there.

I'm in Cape Coral. Bu I love driving around in my Miata, so going to Miami or Tampa or even Orlando isn't a big deal to me.

I'm finding that after 20+ years of doing bigger and bigger tanks, going smaller has been a good thing. I went from having 3 tanks and a total of 600g of saltwater in the house, down to just 220g, then 160g, then 115g. But they were all tanks with sumps and refugiums. So the smaller aio systems are a new experience for me. And part of that drive is because we have started traveling a lot and although we have a couple of people to feed the fish and watch over the tanks, what would happen if a return pump failed? They are not into aquariums or plumbing and it would be a huge burden on them, or a big loss of livestock for me. The aio system is easier to deal with.

I still have to do a lot of the same maintenance, but it's easier and faster. So now I'm dreaming of how to build a 40g aio of my own!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back