OP
OP
B

Beyraud45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are expecting a 2023 type of app, then they all suck... bad. Some of them are better than they used to be but they are all like 2005-2008 level apps. I have sprinkler controller, garage door and thermostat apps that were all better ten years ago.

Why not consider a few older units? Some Gen 4 Radions will cover that area nicely and they are probably just as good as the Gen 6, so save some coin.
I am deff considering some older units!

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think everyones input makes my decisions harder. need to see how lights can attach to Euro brace tanks. I don't think a pendant light coming down from 9 feet above will look good. And don't want the balancing act of the radions. though I would think the radions bracket clamped to a 1x2x8 PVC board as feet and sitting on the Euro might look OK and not be easily toppable. Keeping eyes on sales thought up through Black Friday. Just ordered a RO from BRS on sale ;-)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi guys, I am just coming back to the hobby after a 5 or 6 year hiatus. I plan on building out a IM nuvo 40g lagoon fusion pro 2 AIO. I am having trouble deciding on two AI prime 16hds or one Radion xr15 g6 pro. Tank dimensions are roughly 24" x 20" x 19" and I plan on doing a mixed reef with some SPS and LPS. Let me know what you guys think and of course when I get the build started I'll post some pictures.
Options:
Noopsyche K7 pro

Aqua illumination Hydra 26 or 32 Hd

Vivarspectra

OP
OP
B

Beyraud45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Options:
Noopsyche K7 pro

Vivarspectra
Thank you for the recommendations...I will deff research into these brands. My main thing is reliability, on the last tank I had a kessil a360 on it and it quit on me which is what ultimately led me to tearing down the tank so I don't wanna have to wrry about that lol

Mr. Roboto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a IM50 Lagoon I am building and most I have seen growing mostly sps all use more than one light of the Prime or Kessel AI types because of shading.

I like the reefbreeders because it covers almost the whole tank in one setup

OP
OP
B

Beyraud45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a IM50 Lagoon I am building and most I have seen growing mostly sps all use more than one light of the Prime or Kessel AI types because of shading.

I like the reefbreeders because it covers almost the whole tank in one setup
I'm not opposed to reef breeders but I have heard that they disco ball the tank and I'm not a huge fan of that...but I've never seen the reefbreeders in person so idk

Mr. Roboto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not opposed to reef breeders but I have heard that they disco ball the tank and I'm not a huge fan of that...but I've never seen the reefbreeders in person so idk

Just know that there may be a possibility that one light won't do it and you could end up buying more later. That's really what I was getting at.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thank you for the recommendations...I will deff research into these brands. My main thing is reliability, on the last tank I had a kessil a360 on it and it quit on me which is what ultimately led me to tearing down the tank so I don't wanna have to wrry about that lol
These are all reliable and supportive of both LPS and SPS coral

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Options:
Noopsyche K7 pro

Vivarspectra
I have both viparspectra and xr15 g6. I took off the lenses on the black box. Yesterday I did par and spectrum readings . The viparspectra is the new version with some LEDs in the lower blue spectrum. I was surprised to see how well the black box was compared to the xr15. I have both on the same tank and with the hood closed I can't tell the difference. With the lenses removed, there is no disco ball effect. I'm running black box 70 blue 20 White, xr15 on ab+ .

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back