Want to see our local club start back up

ironman

CRC Whipping Boy (round 2)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will do my best to be involved. Even host. But we are listed our home for sale soon and will likely not take the tank to our new home. In the mean time I will see if I can get an opportunity to have everyone here

ironman

CRC Whipping Boy (round 2)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The local fish stores were burned in the past by clubs. I would be surprised if they were willing to work with a club again.

OP
OP
fullmonti

fullmonti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have heard both LFS say they did not have a good history with clubs.

We could host here pretty much any time and have offered to do that. There only seems to be lukewarm interest by a few, so don't know if we will ever resurrect the club.

KristiYates

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will do my best to be involved. Even host. But we are listed our home for sale soon and will likely not take the tank to our new home. In the mean time I will see if I can get an opportunity to have everyone here

Bummer that the tank won't move. Does that mean you'll be selling your fish/coral?

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still interested. Moved in and the tank is progressing. Would be nice to know others in the area into reefing. I wouldn't mind hosting.

Biertrinker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I visited Chattanooga over the weekend. It is as beautiful as here at home. Has anyone experienced your local aquatic gardens store front?
I'm a sucker for any kind of water feature haha
http://watergarden.com/

I'm originally from FL, and used to order supplies from the Water Garden. I was absolutely amazed when I moved to Chattanooga and saw it in person. It's like an oasis in Hixson. I'm also pretty big into landscaping, so the Water Garden holds a particular interest to me as one of the best quasi public gardens in the area.

Re: Starting the club back up, I'm game. Haven't had a tank set up in years however. I'll probably get one going in the Fall after the yard takes up a little less of my time.

OP
OP
fullmonti

fullmonti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is another thread here on having a meeting, please check it and reply if you want to attend a Chattanooga reef meeting. If we get just 2-3 more we will pick a time, date and place and get the ball rolling

Silveradositn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol a new chattanooga reef club dang I was part of the original him and Alex also. Dave and Brian. Lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back