Want to try somthing new

TeamTank

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to try a new tank probability species specific. I want to try somthing new and diffrent looking at pisol shrimps, mantis shrimps, or a dwaf octopus. I have done decent reseach on all. More looking for why keep one over the other or other odd and cool no fish animals.
 
hmmmmmmmm @Wiz can help you with some info on the mantis shrimp ... his is really cute ;)

IMG_4786 santa.jpg
 
Personally I don't think pistol shrimp call for a specialized tank. I would go with the octo. But the mantis is a great choice too.
The mantis has the best eyesight ever! And the arms are deadly. Really cool but probably buried most of the time and not the most entertaibing choice.
Octo (from what I know) are the smartest and most interesting to watch. I've been told they recognise speach. Or can be taught to anyway. They can be taught colors and to execute tasks. They build a personal relationshup with its caregiver. But on the flip side can be like a family member when they pass. So very very cool creatures. And defanitly worth their own enclosure. But hard to care for. They need companionship. :)
 
Looking to try a new tank probability species specific. I want to try somthing new and diffrent looking at pisol shrimps, mantis shrimps, or a dwaf octopus. I have done decent reseach on all. More looking for why keep one over the other or other odd and cool no fish animals.
What about cuttle fish?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new