Wanted to get opinions on best sumps out there? If you could get a sump which would you get?

AustinReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning on using the post-filtration 5g refugium as a refugium?
Yes the chamber to the far right I will use as a fuge. Going to try my luck with red ogo...hoping to grow my own tang food. Initial set of clowns on order currently. Once I’ve got my tang gang in I will buy the ogo and turn or the fuge light. I put some brightwell bio plates in there as well since I’m bare bottom and looking for surface area for bacteria.

md2882

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Synergy Reef. Nice sumps and great service. They were very friendly and accommodating.
220266ED-263A-49A3-9D46-3D29974A4E74.jpeg Love my custom synergy reef. I agree that they are awesome to work with. I had a lot of changes/requests and they accommodated almost all of them.

AustinReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the exact sump I'm looking at. How do you like it so far?
Its been great in terms of ease of setup and look. Top notch construction. Just went through 3+ days without power here in Austin..and didn't yet have livestock in tank although it was cycled...so may drain and recycle..was dry rock cycle

sorloe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up getting an advanced acrylic sump. My second choice would have been synergy reef

Dreamin_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with bashsea and flipped the flow right to left. It fit my space, allowed for the ato container and had the handful of "bells and whistles" that I wanted.

Attachments

• 20200829_171420.jpg
    20200829_171420.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 89

Ricky_Reef

Diamond Goby Lover/Hater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grabbed this model from Marine Depot around 4 months ago and have been very pleased with it... There's also a 36" version that uses 2 7" socks. These are custom built for Marine Depot through Trigger Systems, very well made sump!

Last edited:

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I choose Advance Acrylics over Synergy and completely regret that decision,. I spent considerable time having my custom 90 gallon sump designed by Jon at Advanced Acrylics. His energy and smooth talking got me hooked. I should have know from earlier on when he would go over a week or longer before responding to text that something was not legit about his company. I finally got my sump after constant perstering on my part. After getting it all plumbed I realized that the sump had a fundamental design flaw that prevented the socks from ever getting water flowing to them. I sent Jon a video and he said “I Know how to fix this problem and wold send you a fix”. that was 5 months ago and even after multiple text to him he has never responded. So now I am pursuing action via the California Better Business Burea.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No such thing as a stock tank that doesn't have a flood risk bulkhead in them? I guess its a plastic pool at that point. Looking into sumps for my next build. Probably will do what @90's reefer has with a basic glass tank.

Back