Wanting to trim back my mindblowing palythoas

DanSavesTheDay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about three years of growth on my mindblowing palythoas. Since I slowly shifted towards SPS dominant I am looking to frag the colony and move them over to my frag tank.

Would it be safe to frag them using a scalpal and surgical scissors in the tank? If not can they safely be covered with 2part coral epoxy and glue? Looking for the best way to do this without removing the rock since it is an important part of my rock structure and removing it would cause several issues. I am wanting to do this safely with no possible harm to my fish or corals.

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about three years of growth on my mindblowing palythoas. Since I slowly shifted towards SPS dominant I am looking to frag the colony and move them over to my frag tank.

Would it be safe to frag them using a scalpal and surgical scissors in the tank? If not can they safely be covered with 2part coral epoxy and glue? Looking for the best way to do this without removing the rock since it is an important part of my rock structure and removing it would cause several issues. I am wanting to do this safely with no possible harm to my fish or corals.
Kalk pste is a great way to slowly choke them out!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back