Warner Marine unveils EcoBAK solid vodka dosing pellets

wishntoboutside

Snow flake
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was about to start dosing vodka. Thinking about ditching the gfo and throwing some eco bak in the reactor. Is this stuff available yet?

lol rob, should i bring you out some. Today this was put to the test in one of my customers 600 gallon tank. po4 the lowest at any point has been at .60 avg .86 on the Hanna meter. and this was using rowa =). the rowa is out and this is in. I will keep everyone posted on the results as I am at this account every tuesday.

Hogall

Yes, that's me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pick some up at Baymac from Jon. It has been running since Sunday on my 140; still too early to tell. But luv the idea that I don't have to replace them like GFO; just add as it run low.

I luv the price point, a bit more than Vodka but lot more less than NP. Now I can just drink the Vodka and enjoy my tank :lol:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey can you buy this stuff now? I need!

Hogall

Yes, that's me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call Jon. He was selling this at Baymac; I just order 4L from him for my other tank.

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol rob, should i bring you out some. Today this was put to the test in one of my customers 600 gallon tank. po4 the lowest at any point has been at .60 avg .86 on the Hanna meter. and this was using rowa =). the rowa is out and this is in. I will keep everyone posted on the results as I am at this account every tuesday.

That's great Richard. Would love to hear the ongoing results on this tank. Please keep us posted!

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you run this stuff in a BRS reactor?

I believe you can - in fact I think it's recommended. It does not require a lot of flow. Can be used in a mesh bag or in a reactor. I would be running mine in a BRS reactor if / when I try this...

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would there be any potential bad side effects from using this product? I am new to solid vodka dosing. Thanks.

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sang, I don't forsee any bad effects persay, but am interested in the good effects (if any). I know several people running NP biopellets that are are less than pleased (with the amount of $ spent for little to no benefit).

At this cost, I honestly might give them a go!

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Where can you order these from? I didn't know Warner was at Baymac!

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can this be run in a calcium reactor. I have a Knop HD just sitting around and trying to find a use for it. Anyone see a problem with the idea?

guia x

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks promising. I am currently using Biopellets. I'm thinking I may switch because I can't really see any results with them. How do you guys think I should make the switch? Do I just switch it out or slowly do it? Should I run them side by side until the Biopellets run out? What do you guys think?

ReeferBen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added 1000ml of the Biopellets to my tank a few days ago. I ordered 500ml of the EcoBak from Jon and plan to use them on my other tank so I can give them a shot and see if they are better. I have been hearing a lot of reports of not much success with the Biopellets though which is a bit disturbing considering the $100 I dropped on the 1000ml vs the $35 on 500ml of EcoBak.

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been hearing a lot of reports of not much success with the Biopellets though which is a bit disturbing considering the $100 I dropped on the 1000ml vs the $35 on 500ml of EcoBak.

I am currently dosing vodka and this is the main reason I have not tried the pellets yet. I couldn't justify the $$. I'll be interested in the comparison between your two tanks. I am going to order the EcoBak early next week.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone pm me on the details of how to order these. Are they available to only certain people?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back