Warner Marine unveils EcoBAK solid vodka dosing pellets

solitude127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jon is definitely willing to talk reef with anybody. I met him at a show here in socal I felt like we could talk for days about reefing. Great guy to talk to.

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered mine from WM yesterday. We talked about the setup and how they work for sometime, really nice guy there at WM. Anyways, going with 2ml in a 300 gallon system. Going to use my old zeovit reactor and see how it works out.

Good info. My new system is a 220 with an 80 gallon sump so I will go with the same, 2L. I assume you meant 2L and not 2ml....:wink:

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jon is always a pleasure to talk too. He is a really great hands on vendor! Anyhow I will get mines online on my 300g+ system this weekend.

Shadowramy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes definatley they are pretty great to talk with. Hopefully they will be in on Tuesday. I am planning on doing a full swap out from my Zeovit system. I love Zeovit just hate the daily maitenance. Not sure yet how I am going to do it, I am do a zeolit change out and wanting to put the pellet in the zeoreactor. I think what I may do is keep a couple zeolites in the reactor with the new pellets to seed them and eventually take them out. Also want to test "pumping" the pellets just to see what they do.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good.....I have noticed less growth and build up on the glass, I also have noticed that in a few spots I cleaned the hair/bryopsis it has not come back in those areas......I haven't noticed yet a reduction or the dying off of the areas I haven't cleaned but it has only been a week and half. So hopefully then next 2 weeks I see a final colonization of the chamber and start toget the full impact of the pellets....I am going to add my DIY reactor chamber since the pellets went into my Avast chamber and I don't really like not having GAC in the system...I have not gotten at anytime the cloudy water the some have said with other N&P pellets infact I think the water has gotten clearer since adding them.....

So preliminary reports are good so far......

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is just starting to form not in strings but you can see a film starting on the pellets and the acrylic..I do have the out put of the reactor right next to the intake of the skimmer too so not sure how much of it is getting to the tank itself or staying in the sump......I have a nice tumble going and have seen a bit of stuff in the tank the other morning but by lights out it was gone.....I was looking this morning and the glass is almost clean even areas that had a film of algea on it.....But all of this is still quite early in the process from what I have read....

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back