• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WARNING DON'T BUY FROM LIVEAQUARIA

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Steve Blum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On June 16th, 2019 I ordered 5 corals from liveaquaria. They came in terrible shape. Besides being beat up the size was much smaller than advertised. They refused to give me a refund and the customer Representative was nasty,rude and belligerent. They requested I take the Corals out of the tank and upload a picture. I explained to her that the corals were stressed I should not take them out of the tank as they might die and I have no guarantee they will honor any warranty, in view of the way they were acting. I went on to explain I have no Camera or cell phone and I certainly couldn't accomplish this as I didn't know how. I am 71 years old and not computer sharp. I have Filed a complaint with FTC for false advertising.

THIS IS NOT THE LIVEAQUARIA OF OLD. SINCE THEY WERE BOUGHT BY PETCO THEY HAVE HIT THE ROAD DOWNWARD, NEXT STEP OUT.

I URGE ALL MY MARINE HOBBY PEOPLE TO BOYCOTT LIVEAQUARIA AND PETCO, SEND THEM NOTES HOW LIVEAQUARIA WAS DESTROYED.

THIS WAS A COSTLY LESSON AND I HOPE I CAN PREVENT OTHER HOBBYIST FROM THE SAME FATE

OP
OP
S

Steve Blum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have moved on. I don't have to deal with them my purchase was about 175.00 I will likely buy somewhere else if I buy. I predict LA will be out of business. Petco is not a good co.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is vendor feedback and has been moved to the appropriate forum. Per feedback forum rules outside comments are not allowed and all have been removed. This thread is for the two parties involved to try and settle any issues.

OP
OP
S

Steve Blum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is vendor feedback and has been moved to the appropriate forum. Per feedback forum rules outside comments are not allowed and all have been removed. This thread is for the two parties involved to try and settle any issues.
THANKS

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#mods - if this post is inappropriate - the entire thread should be deleted - IMO - its not in the category of a complaint that needs to be 'worked out between the buyer and the seller' - its actually a review of a company. I think (no offense) @kschweer has made an incorrect decision (@mdbannister @Crabs McJones )
You're allowed to give feedback on a company positive or negative. We don't allow others to comment but they can post a link to their own feedback thread

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you mind pointing out that policy - because there are people criticizing companies all over this forum and the responses aren't deleted. My understanding is that the rule is that if there is a dispute between a vendor and a seller that others are not allowed to comment. This IMHO doesnt fall into that category - If I'm wrong about the policy - I'm wrong - but it also means that anyone that says 'dont use the Triton method's posts' shoudl be deleted OR>
So I know this come as a surprise to you but we can't track everything that is happening on the forum (there are hundreds of new threads and thousands of new posts everyday). If we don't see it and no one reports it, then we don't know about it.

OP
OP
S

Steve Blum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I said Don't Buy From LA, I found them rude, and disrespectful after they took my money. no longer do they value the customer. Believe me they will fold in the next 2 years.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

^^^^^^^^^

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the stickied thread at the top of this forum...

Negative Feedback Threads:

Outside comments are NOT permitted. The reason for this is to allow the vendor and member work through the negative experience. The staff will remove posts by other parties not pertaining to the transaction. The only exception to this is that users may post links (without commentary) to their own feedback threads with the same seller/buyer. These are the only outside party comments that are allowed.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't Hold your breath. The Mod police moved this so nobody will see it. They are dedicated to vendors
Just to reiterate, the thread is still clearly visible, in fact it is at the top of the vendor feedback forum and has been viewed 3148 times

OP
OP
S

Steve Blum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I HAVE SOMETHING NEW TO POST. MY HETEROXENIA POLYP DIED THAT SHIPPED FROM DD,IT WAS A REAL JOKE ANYWAY. I ALSO LOST A ROCK ANEMONE, THE REST EXCEPT A LEATHER ARE DYING AND NEVER OPENED. IT APPEARS THAT WHEN YOU ORDER FROM DD, AND LA SALE ITEMS: THEY SHIP YOU ALL THERE CRAP AND DYING CORALS.

NYCMAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LA has become much much worse. They have only delivered one of my last three orders since December. I have one that is 3 weeks overdo. They randomly respond to emails and cannot get a person when you call them. No status in weeks. And this is on live stuff. Can you imagine they randomly ship and fulfill an order weeks later, without your knowledge? Sits on your porch for a week? They have gone completely downhill. Fortunately there are decent alternatives.

Kuma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LA has become much much worse. They have only delivered one of my last three orders since December. I have one that is 3 weeks overdo. They randomly respond to emails and cannot get a person when you call them. No status in weeks. And this is on live stuff. Can you imagine they randomly ship and fulfill an order weeks later, without your knowledge? Sits on your porch for a week? They have gone completely downhill. Fortunately there are decent alternatives.
Which alternatives are their? I was almost about to pull the trigger on a bunch of Rock nems on DD and after reading the past few comments, and some threads I removed them from the checkout.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@NYCMAN We apologize for the delays with processing your orders. Please send us your order details via PM so we can look into the status for you. You should have received communication from us regarding the delay with processing your order and asking that you reach out if there are preferred days for you to receive a shipment. Rest assured, when orders are fulfilled, a shipment confirmation email is sent so you are prepared for delivery the next day. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist and have a great day!

Coral Newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had no issues with LA, however I only order from their Rhineland WI location. My dad lives their and I’m hoping to tour that facility this summer when I’m out there

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had no issues with LA, however I only order from their Rhineland WI location. My dad lives their and I’m hoping to tour that facility this summer when I’m out there
@Coral Newbie thank you as well! We hope we are able to start up tours again this summer. We are so proud of the facility and enjoy sharing the experience with our customers and fellow hobbyists. Let us know when you plan to be in town!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back