Warning lights without identifiable cause

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

sylvius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was doing some maintenance today and now I have warning lights on my system and can't figure out why. Profilux is flashing alternating red and blue. All other devices (dosers, powerbar) are flashing alternating blue and yellow. I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what it's trying to warn me. I tried shutting everything down and restarting. I reset the PAB and re-assigned everything. Everything seems to be working but it's bothering me and I don't want to find out later that it was warning me of something not obvious that will cause big problems overnight... Any ideas???

Thanks!

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From here

1614237493929.png

1614237023244.png

Contact GHL with a ticket. @Vinny@GHLUSA

A note from my own P4.

The Logo is managed by a RGB led with 3 LEDs - this means that if any of the LEDs (Red, Green and blue) stop working - you get another colour. In my case - warning is a steady yellow colour and it shows up in all devices with exception of my main unit - the P4. There it will be a read steady light for warnings. The reason for this is that my green RGB on the P4 had stop working.

Sincerely Lasse

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the thing, it shows no warning at all.
What about on the P4 itself? The screen should say...
Maybe try and trigger another alarm or warning to see?

Oh wait, Red/Yellow is serial/security key according to the chart Lasse posted. Not seen that before.
I'd open a ticket. And maybe remove and re-add the device from the app? (but maybe wait on the ticket response just in case)

Tony

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about on the P4 itself? The screen should say...
Maybe try and trigger another alarm or warning to see?

Oh wait, Red/Yellow is serial/security key according to the chart Lasse posted. Not seen that before.
I'd open a ticket. And maybe remove and re-add the device from the app? (but maybe wait on the ticket response just in case)

Tony
Tony, OP stated P4 was flashing RED/BLUE all the PAB devices BLUE/YELLOW.

@sylvius Can you post a screen shot from GHL Connect App?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tony, OP stated P4 was flashing RED/BLUE all the PAB devices BLUE/YELLOW.
If his RGB on the P4 lack the green - it will flash Blue/red because yellow is a mix of red and green, Therefore it should be warning and connecting with my GHL, But it easy to see if it a "hard" warning - just switch of the feature. If it stop - there is no "hard" warnings

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
S

sylvius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately not as simple as an LED out as green works when P4 is doing something. Here's a brief video showing P4 then doser when P4 is active then a video when it is at resting state. It shows the different colors. The LEDs on the doser seem to run at a frequency that gives my camera fits but otherwise it should give you the idea:

Here are screenshots showing a benign dashboard and no notifications. Even in GCC when I do system report it shows no issues.

Screenshot_20210225-074216.png
Screenshot_20210225-074223.png

It's so bizarre, other than the warning lights it seems like everything is working AOK.

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I get for reading this early in the morning.
I agree, very weird. And the screen on the P4 doesn't show any error?

My technical opinion then is that "it's broken" and "you should get that looked at".

Tony

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same issue with the led.. (not blinking yellow for warnings, but green works) any way to fix it? @Lasse
No clou at all - it looks like something not happen to me (yet). In my case - the green not work and I have decided to live with that because - IMO - it is "bling bling" (showy jewellery in real English) - I can live with it but it also make me to fix warnings fast because the red on my P4 stress me so much - think if......... :D:D:D:D

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA Se the two post above - maybe time too look at the quality of the RGB (or its control unit) for the logo. green not work in my case yellow not work in CEReefers case. Maybe not a priority case - but maybe worth to mention.

Sincerely Lasse

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA Se the two post above - maybe time too look at the quality of the RGB (or its control unit) for the logo. green not work in my case yellow not work in CEReefers case. Maybe not a priority case - but maybe worth to mention.

Sincerely Lasse

If it’s not terribly hard to replace I am happy to buy the part from GHL and replace it myself.

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s not terribly hard to replace I am happy to buy the part from GHL and replace it myself.
I had an incident where water sprayed directly into my doser frying the control board. I bought a new one and they walked me through replacing it. So the lights should certainly be doable.

Open a ticket and they will confirm and sort you out if so.

Cheers, Tony

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back