Warranty registration for CoralVue Hydros

ronniereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Has anyone been able to successfully register any of their Hydros products using their provided link on the packaging?coralvue.com/register

I have tried multiple attempts and keep on getting a registration information missing error. Well I went down the rabbit hole and looked at the source code for their registration page and noticed some alarming issues:

Below is the Product Information section, more specifically the Serial Number section that is required to submit the form.

1. The bolded style="display:none;" is hiding the entire section, and then
2. The bolded disabled="disabled" makes the text box inaccessible to user input

<fieldset class="fieldset product-registration prod-info" data-hasrequired="Product Information">
<legend class="legend"><span>Product Information</span></legend>
<br>
<div class="field required" style="display: none;">
<label for="phone" class="label"><span>Serial Number</span></label>
<div class="control">
<input type="text" name="serial_number" autocomplete="off" id="serial_number" title="Serial Number" disabled="disabled" class="input-text" data-validate="{required:true}" aria-required="true">
<br>
<span>For Gyre, use serial number on the dry magnet. For skimmers, enter pump's serial number. If serial number is not present, please type "NA"</span>
</div>
</div>
....</fieldset>

My question to y'all is, has anyone been able to register their hydros products through CoralVue? I'd give them the benefit of doubt that this was a simple error, but there's not one but two elements on the page not allowing customers to register for products.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As soon as you add them into your app they will be registered to your account. It is part of the initial setup. Otherwise I have not tried to register anything another way.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back