Wartskin angler eating again!

MauiAnglerReef

I Love Frogfish
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
499
Reaction score
414
Location
Maui, HI
What state or country do you live in
Hawaii
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0527.jpeg
So it’s been about 2 weeks since my Wartskin Angler named Sushi stopped eating. I honestly thought he was gonna die, but i wanted to try something new. For his diet beforehand, is was all guppies, because that where the only affordable feeder option I had, but, for the past 2 weeks, he has rejected all guppies. At first, I figured he was overfed, but after awhile I knew it had to be something else. As a last ditch attempt, I went to petco and picked up 2 damsels and 3 chromis. Lo and behold, he immediately ate 2 chromis. I’m happy that he’s healthy again, and I think I’m gonna feed him a strictly saltwater diet from now on.
 
I did suggest a varied diet in the last thread, glad it worked out!

But that is going to get expensive REALLY fast.

I know you said feeder shrimp is illegal in Hawaii, but there must be some source for live shrimp somehow?

Either small livemarket shrimp, or collecting your own, or paying someone to collect them for you; I’m sure there re local divers who can do that.

Because right now… that’s what..? At least $10 a meal? That’s a bit too much imo. Plus, I am betting they are carrying all the diseases known to men like ich or Uronema as they are Chromis from petco that can kill your angler
 
Noted. There are 2 shrimp legal here that I know of, the Hawaiian red shrimp, which are WAY too small, and another one that is more suitable, but is 15 bucks per shrimp. This means that the damsels and chromis are basically the only thing I can do right now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new