Was i sent the wrong thing from a live sale?

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short I ordered a bunch of corals and they got delayed and all died and today I got sent replacement corals. The one thing I was most excited for was a ‘special electric branching hammer’ that was WYSIWYG and looked like this
1614368756056.png

what I received today was this:
A81611B1-E2BB-42FE-963C-9CE12031AAB0.jpeg

What I have looks like just your typical green hammer. I know lights and what not but it doesn’t look close to the same. I get that my replacements wouldn’t be exactly what I bought but I’d hope they’d come from the same colony...
Anyone have any insight?

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That picture has clearly been enhanced, I don’t mean intentionally to mislead, just the colour correction that happens with phots, I would be happy with that hammer to be honest, especially as the replacements were goodwill on the sellers part.

OP
OP
JosephM

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That picture has clearly been enhanced, I don’t mean intentionally to mislead, just the colour correction that happens with phots, I would be happy with that hammer to be honest, especially as the replacements were goodwill on the sellers part.
Yeah I think you’re right. I used my app to tinker a little and got close to what they had and I’m sure they have better programming then me. In no way am I disappointed, it’s a beautiful hammer I guess I was expecting more of the lime look. But super healthy nonetheless and grateful for the replacements

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I think you’re right. I used my app to tinker a little and got close to what they had and I’m sure they have better programming then me. In no way am I disappointed, it’s a beautiful hammer I guess I was expecting more of the lime look. But super healthy nonetheless and grateful for the replacements

I’ve made a commitment to myself to only buy corals I can view, I hope I stick to it.
It’s so easy to be disappointed, most phots need some kind of colour correction before uploading, it’ll be so hard for the seller not to tweak the photo slightly to be favourable to themselves, add in the upload process and your own pc/Mac colour rendering and you have a recipe for disappointment.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it’s the same coral ....
picture was taken from a different view .
Try taking a picture from above as they did .

Not so sure now, was agreeing at first but the op’s hammer has two heads, the photo seems to only have one?

OP is the picture of the original hammer or meant to be the replacement?

Again not sure there is much you can do apart from count your blessing as it’s a replacement but have to say now, doesn’t look the same as the picture.

OP
OP
JosephM

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve made a commitment to myself to only buy corals I can view, I hope I stick to it.
It’s so easy to be disappointed, most phots need some kind of colour correction before uploading, it’ll be so hard for the seller not to tweak the photo slightly to be favourable to themselves, add in the upload process and your own pc/Mac colour rendering and you have a recipe for disappointment.
Yeah I think I’ll have to stick to that. Although I’m happy with most you can tell some aren’t as bright and what not.
Who did you buy from?
ASD
Not so sure now, was agreeing at first but the op’s hammer has two heads, the photo seems to only have one?

OP is the picture of the original hammer or meant to be the replacement?

Again not sure there is much you can do apart from count your blessing as it’s a replacement but have to say now, doesn’t look the same as the picture.
The first is what I got the first time that died. The picture of the hammer in my tank right now is the replacement.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I think I’ll have to stick to that. Although I’m happy with most you can tell some aren’t as bright and what not.

ASD

The first is what I got the first time that died. The picture of the hammer in my tank right now is the replacement.

right I understand now...maybe he does have some as bright as the photo is indicating then as sending a two headed hammer to replace what looks a single head does seem very generous ;)

OP
OP
JosephM

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
right I understand now...maybe he does have some as bright as the photo is indicating then as sending a two headed hammer to replace what looks a single head does seem very generous ;)
I could definitely see that being a possibility. Might not have wanted to trim their colony down anymore so just sent something different but more. Some other things I got smaller though. Like candy cane I got 1 and last was 2. And one of the montis was half the size as the other. All well I need to stop complaining and just enjoy the beautiful pieces and be grateful for them taking care of me. :cool:

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could definitely see that being a possibility. Might not have wanted to trim their colony down anymore so just sent something different but more. Some other things I got smaller though. Like candy cane I got 1 and last was 2. And one of the montis was half the size as the other. All well I need to stop complaining and just enjoy the beautiful pieces and be grateful for them taking care of me. :cool:

I can understand you spent a lot of money, none of this being your fault...but yeah just look at those pictures of the first batch and the new stuff should bring a smile to your face.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
These vendors have got to Stop photo shopping, cropping and adding enhancements to make a sale and then label them WYSIWYG. That is Not what we see.

ATAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the same hammer. This is a tough area. Ppl want the crazy orange filter zoomed in shot, but that is not what the coral looks like normally. We try and represent the coral as close as we can to real life, but this is also very time consuming due to editing and color correcting.

desagon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These threads seem to pop up very often these days where people ask what they’ve gotten and if it’s the same as what the seller sold them.
many factors are at play such as what the seller has done to get certain colors to come out, but the most common tactic is photoshop. All the big sellers use it and it works. You’ve heard everyone say it before, “throw a crazy name on it, and it’ll sell”. And it’s true.

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ppl want the crazy orange filter zoomed in shot, but that is not what the coral looks like normally. We try and represent the coral as close as we can to real life, but this is also very time consuming due to editing and color correcting.
I would disagree that buyers are looking for crazy orange filter zoomed in shots. I do agree that it is difficult and time consuming to take an accurate shot, but the sellers that do get my $.

ATAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would disagree that buyers are looking for crazy orange filter zoomed in shots. I do agree that it is difficult and time consuming to take an accurate shot, but the sellers that do get my $.
I think your last statement rules out your first. Your $, versus a vendor selling to everyone. Edited zoomed pics are what sell stuff easiest. I don’t agree or like it, but it’s factual at this point.

Back